Saturday, July 25, 2009

Howdy! I Missed Ya!

I haven't been blogging very much since History Boy's b'day because we had to quickly move back into our house after the floors were finished, celebrate Big's b'day, and then jump into the car for a family vacation to Montana. We stayed in my friend's family's darling cabin in the midst of West Glacier, and also hung out in Kalispell and Whitefish. I've known this friend, G., since 1991, when I was hired on as a speech pathology aide at the same rehab hospital where she worked. At that time, she was the staff speech therapist specializing in stroke patient care. Three years later, as manager, she hired me for that same position. To this day, CVA (stroke)-- and aphasia especially, is my favorite area of speech therapy. To our pleasure, friend W. also came up to MT and visited with her family. W. and I met in gradual school and she was about 6 months ahead of me. I filled in her speech aide position in 1991 as she went back to finish her degree. Then I finished mine. Clear as mud? We're very clear communicators, you see. ;)
I met W and G in CO, and W still lives there. G and I moved in 2001--she to MT and me to WA. And that is the rest of the story. :)
We have 7 kids ranging in age from nearly 15 to nearly 7. As a little God-gift, they all got along and enjoyed each other. And taught me some new card games, too.
Here's a peek at our time together:
W, G, and me. Trying not to feel like the "big" girl....
Lake McDonald, West Glacier.
We call this "Skipping Rock Lake" b/c all the rocks are flat and smooth: perfect for skipping.

Trail of the Cedars.

On the way home from this outing, we saw a Momma grizzly and 2 cubs!
Can you say "crowded" ??? I thought you could.


Tubing off a friend's dock on Whitefish lake. David isn't too sure about this, but his friend M (friends since birth) is so sweet and showed him just what to do. I heart her. She also worked with Drama and got her out tubing, too.
Possibly my favorite picture of all. Big and Drama. So fun.

Okay...I feel like I've done enough of the "Doyouwannaseemypictures???" routine. It was a sweet time.

Now...back to our regularly scheduled load of laundry.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome home sweetie, missed you. I love the cool pictures. So glad your family enjoyed the time away. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I've missed your posts, but it was time well-spent with family and friends. Those are some absolutely beautiful pictures. Montana is on my list, too. My college roomie did summer missions in Montana one year (I think in Kalispell, as a matter of fact) and I decided then that I defintely wanted to visit there some day. Thank you, God, for time away with family and friendships that stand the test of time and distance. Welcome home, friend.

Carpool Queen said...

How beautiful is that!!!!?! No way would I have wanted to leave. And the pic of you and Drama Girl in the water? I lurve it.

Unknown said...

I've missed you too!

Those pictures are amazing! Looks like a great time!

Brandy said...

Thanks for sharing them! I love pictures. where's the grizzly bears!!!

The tubing looks especially fun, and I totally get you on the 'big girl' thing.

Julie said...

What fun you have had.. great pictures....

It's been a crazy summer for me and I haven't done much blog visiting or posting.... School starts back soon here. I guess life will settle down some... Oh wait... not yet... we still have the wedding in October!

I've missed you, friend!

Jackie said...

I agree - that pic of you and Drama Girl in the water is precious. Frameable. :)

Montana is breathtaking! I always said I wanted to go there, because I keep hearing how gorgeous it is, and this just clinches it.