Friday, July 10, 2009

10 on the 10th: July Version

I'm going to participate using very little originality today, since, quite honestly, while I want to play, I'm not feeling that creative. I'm borrowing some of Cheryl's Random Tuesday questions. Thanks, Mer, for hosting. You made me laugh out loud, which actually worked well because of Cheryl's first question. Voila. :)

Two things that have made me laugh out loud since last I posted:

1. Mer's 10 on the 10th. I mean, who takes an accidental picture of her nose and then posts it on the WWW for all to see. That's brilliant, is what that is.

2. Hearing my son do spot-on interpretations of Doug the dog (from the movie Up). If you haven't seen Up, and I realize that we were the last few on the planet to probably do so--go. It's the best therapy session you'll have all summer.

Two favorite fast food restaurants:
1. Taco Bell. Bean burrito with no onions, extra cheese, and green sauce. Manna, I tell you.
2. Dairy Queen. Say it with me now: "Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard."

Two snacks that are really good that you might not know about:
1. A smear of peanut butter on top of the graham cracker and chocolate on s'mores. Of course, peanut butter is good on anything. That's probably not news.
2. Movie theatre popcorn with either Reese's Pieces or Junior Mints mixed in. Perfection. Of course if worse comes to worst, just pour out that popcorn and eat the candy.

Two favorite Summer t.v. shows:
1. "Royal Pains" (A new show on USA about a guy who becomes a "concierge" doctor to the rich and famous in The Hamptons. Really fun!) I stole Cheryl's anwer completely here. Yes, this is a fave, indeed.
2. i've only watched one episode on demand (first season), but Mad Men looks good. Also, I'm really enjoying "Army Wives". Though Kim Delaney was pretty enough IMHO sans the lip implants.

Two things I'm looking forward to in the next week:
1. On Monday, my son turns 13, and we both lived to tell the tale. More on that soon, but he's a gem, and I look forward to all his b'days. And the cake. Do you see a sorry theme emerging in my life's priorities??? ;)
2. The new Harry Potter movie!!! Again, a steal from Cheryl. I cannot wait to see this. My dtr has been rereading the book, and since she's a chatty type, I've gleaned my "Cliff's Notes" version, so I think I'm prepared.

Two lessons I've recently learned:
1. This sounds trite and silly, but I'm learning (not that I've got it all down, but am persevering, no?) not to give up. On myself. On my ideas. On others. On the fact that even though set backs and pain of all different sizes and colors appears, I have a Holy Intercessor, and One in whom I can trust for truth, refreshment, forgiveness and for the strength to keep on keeping on.

2. That the best way to be anxious is to try everything not to be anxious.

Two goals I have for the coming days:
1. To finish my 5K tomorrow w/o walking more than 5 minutes of it.

2. To move all my downstairs furniture back into the house. After 5K, and after Big's 36 holes of golf (bachelor party) on Saturday. Could someone get us an ice pack, please? This is me--breathing---going with the flow on scheduling and not getting to move back into the house until Sat. Breathing.

Two "fun" things I've spent my money on recently:
1. A Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I'm so cute now, I can hardly stand me. Thank you, Whimzie for the wisdom and support in this purchase. I lurve it.
2. Well, this is a WANT to purchase: I need new kicky flip flops. For my others were ruined in some furniture moving debacle. So it's time. I need some fun shoes for the remainder of the summer. However, I do have to duck away from the podiatrist we see for J's heel when I wear them. She sees red when she looks at those foamy fashionable footariffic nonsupportive terrible shoes.
Two things I'm dissapointed about:
1. That I potentially will miss seeing my husband on 4 of 5 weekends in August. Breathing again...Taking one moment at a time. For, of course I won't know for sure until I'm right upon not/or not not seeing him. ONE of these weekends is a welcome no-see-him, but the others? Not so much.

2. Disappointed that I fall off the faith wagon way too easily. Not in the overall sense of faith, but in the day to day, peaceful knowing.

Two sounds I hear right now:

1. David clunking around upstairs, watching TV and making his mountain bowl of cereal. Sugary cereal for the beach house, no less.
2. Silence. Drama is at a sleep over, so while I miss the heck outta her, hearing the sound of the keyboard clicks and little else is...soooooo niiiiiiice. :)

Okay...I have no idea if that was 10 of anything, but I had fun, anyway. What are numbers, really?

SDG!!! xxxooo

16 comments:

Mich said...

Enjoyed your list...

Are you going to show pictures of the new floor remodel?

Elizabeth said...

Now I think that was plenty original. It definitely had me laughing!

We happen to be some of those weirdos who have not seen Up. But we will.

I used to make S'Mores every night over the stove, so good.

I haven't seen either of those shows, but I'll check them out.

13! Wow! Good luck with that:)

I've been learning not to give up, too. That's a daily lesson for me, but one that I am determined to learn.

Happy 10th!

Kendra said...

LOVE Royal Pains! Watch Psych when it starts again in August. SOOOO funny!

I can't tell you how excited I am for the new Harry Potter movie!!! WOO HOO!

Amber said...

I lurved your list, Jewels.

And I'm especially lurving on the fact that someone else isn't feeling creative or word-crafty today.

But I think your list was mighty creative!!!!

Denise said...

I loved your list, and I love you.

Anonymous said...

So you love your curler?! I'm so glad. I was really sweating it. I would have hated to lead you astray.

Carpool Queen said...

I mix in the Nestle Crunch bits into my popcorn, but I have to get my own 'corn bc Mr. CPQ likes extra butter and I do not, for it maketh the 'corn soggy and that's just not right.

TMI? That has nothing to do with anything?

Blame it on Whimzie, who may have great product recommendations but who wreaketh havoc on my sleep.

Becky said...

Oy...that's a long time to be without downstairs furniture, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it put back in place.

I love wearing flip-flops, too. Walmart actually had a pretty decent selection last year in our area...size specific with arch support and everything for under $10. The trouble was they were in neon red and almost tan yellow. I bought both colors for the comfort, but don't often have the opportunity to wear them in public.

I got a kick out of this entire post. I SOOO understand the mountain of cereal thing. To steal a line from the movie 17 Again, "I don't care [what I eat]...I'm hungry all the time!"

We've given in to appeasing the growing boys..."here, have all the filler, er, I mean cereal that you want." With minerals and whole grains for good bone development, you can hardly go wrong...though you may need to hitch up a trailer to go to the grocery store.

Jackie said...

Your 5K is today!?? I can't wait to hear how you did - I am so proud of you. That is sort of a backburner dream of mine, but I know it takes a lot of determination and committment that I'm not quite sure if I'm up for yet.

Unknown said...

Love your list! :-)

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Nice list! Happy birthday to David. Hope you fin shoes, etc.!

Unknown said...

Oh I am catching up on posts so I haven't seen Mer's nose yet!

Oh DQ! how I miss you! (there isn't one nearby!)

Have you tried Popcorn with Peanut m&m's? or in the fall time, popcorn with candy corn....you. must. try.

Love that you did two meme's in one...it was very enjoyable!

And CONGRATS on the 5k! Such a good thing!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You're surely going to post about your 5K and your floors right?

Oh, thanks for sharing the eyelash curling tip. I must investigate. And fyi--I found some super cute flip flops at GAP for $4 (the outlet--but you already knew that right)?

Happy Birthday to History Boy tomorrow! We'll celebrate in spirit!

Jenster said...

I love EVERYTHING you write! Every.single.thing!

To me the best thing is eating a Reese's PB blizzard whilst watching Royal Pains. That's the bestest!!

Julie said...

Hey friend, how is your summer going? I've missed the bloggy visits... through the summer. I'm way behind. Life just keeps running by.

What's been going on in your world?

Cathy said...

There were just too many things that I loved about this post to actually comment on them all so I'll simply say...

Girl, s'mores made w/ REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS is heaven.