1. Not a well guarded secret that I'm in lurve with Nutella. I'm jonesing to make Nutella brownies or something, but I'm worried that in making them I would be so disappointed in their taste. So...I'm back to eating it regular-style (on a
2. Note: the children joyfully washing my car are not the result of human slavery trafficking. At one point, the above children were little and wanted to please me. This is a sheer voluntary act. But the POINT is, my van is one of my favorite things--perhaps by default. Good old 2005 RHonda is about to turn 120,000 miles old, and she just keeps truckin'. Oh, and the car that you see on the right--in one piece--is going to be broken in "new driver style" shortly after July 13th. Gulp.
3. For about as much $ as a manicure at your local
4. Because I tend to lurve medical shows, and due to the fact that it's now summer, and most of my shows are on hiatus, I favor Combat Hospital as one of my favorite things. This little, Canadian import may just be the engine that could for me in terms of mid-summer TV enjoyment. I've only seen one epi, but I liked the acting and storyline. It's about an Army hospital in Afghanistan. Try it and let me know what you think.
5. I am so excited for this memoir by Brennan Manning, with John Blase, to come out. Go here to see a beautiful trailer for it, at the home of The Beautiful Due, by my friend, John (or Pony Boy, as I like to call him). Listening to Brennan Manning talk about how much God loves us, how worthy we are because of Him. Well, that's definitely one of my favorite things.




5 comments:
And as always, one of MY favorite things is reading some Gretchen. :)
Let's see: I love Nutella, am thankful for my paid for RHonda look-alike. She's over 100,000, but I haven't looked to see just how far over lately. 4. I really enjoyed the first epi of Combat Hospital. 5. I am ever so looking forward to that book. I think I want to re-read Ragamuffin first. It's been a long time and I'm not the same person I was when I read it the first time. As for 3, my nails look like sad little things, so I don't even try much anymore. Apparently they aren't supposed to be used as tools.
I love how I didn't start with a numbering system, but finished with one. I'm too tired to be commenting in public.
1. Love Nutella too! Tried a "substitute" this week because it sounded good: dark chocolate almond butter... don't waste your $$!
2. Watched an episode of Combat Hospital & thought it was good, so set the DVR: deleted the next couple of shows because they went from the medical/military to the soap opera/immoral relationships. Personally, that quickly turns me off.
3 If you have the chance, check out "Surviving the Cut" on Discovery. It is a 5 episode series & the first episode (which has already aired) was on the SWCC (Navy) which is what my son is. There will be another episode on them (the 1st was on their basic training, the 2nd will be on their advanced training.) Wish you were here: Tracey is coming over Thur. night to watch it on my DVR since they don't have cable/satellite. We could have a party!
3. Books I've read this summer & would recommend: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand: Two Wars by Nate Self: Baking Cakes in Kilgale by Gaile Pairkin
Nutella S'mores...just sayin'.
Post a Comment