Stepping, around, and through life with Jesus at my side, and hanging on for dear life. And what a dear life it is.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
21
Today, I can say I've been married 1/2 my life. Been married twenty-one years to the most incredible person I know. That would be you, Big. Twenty-one isn't so flashy. It's right after the biggie at 20 and a few years before the Silver anniversary. But flashy or not, each day we've been married has been a gift. I always tell you that you're my favorite. Below, in no particular order are 21 reasons why:
Nightly back scratches. I sit on the edge of the bed, and that's your cue. Thankfully my sensory overload occurs quickly, so the scratch time is brief. :)
A look and a nod from across the room. The meaning is shared between us, alone, whether we're "talking" about the kids, a TV show, or a past memory. We just know.
You don't complain. Oh, how I could learn from that! I'm sure you have just as many grievances as the next person, but you tend to hold your tongue. Not always sure whether you're holding your tongue because you know it won't make a difference to complain, or because complaining would hurt someone, but either way...you just go with the flow.
You are the steady to my eddy...or something like that.
You're the peanut butter to my chocolate. The milk to my oreo cookies.
Love that we can crank all our "old people" grunge and/or 80s/90s rock in the office and that you don't laugh when I dance around.
You're a kick a$$ provider. And an adventurous one, as well.
You're a stellar dad, with awesome connections to both kids. What a joy for me to see.
You watch the Star Trek movie with me (ahem, over and over again) when everyone else thinks I'm weird.
You watch Love Actually, and other Hugh Grant movies (also, ahem, over and over again). And Honey, don't you worry--watching these rom-coms only makes you sexier to me. ;)
Thank you for being such an encourager to me--whether w/my weightloss strategy du jour, or with whatever project I'm thrust headlong into.
I love that you respect and honor my faith.
I love that we get Chinese foot massages together.
Thank you for all of our lunch dates. I know you tease me about being a lady who lunches, but I so appreciate the effort you make in taking me out and making me feel pretty.
Thank you for loving my friends, because as you know, they are like family to me.
You're always the designated driver. :)
I love that you have high expectations of all of us in the family, and yet you pamper me and play with us whenever you can. Your leadership is awesome.
You're simply still awesome in every way, and so darn cute. Seriously.
Thank you for riding the waves of new adventures with me.
You're my bestest friend. The BFF of a lifetime.
Your sacrificial, steadfast, supportive love sustains and humbles me and makes me want to be my best.
Happy 21st Anniversary. So glad I got you, babe...
2 comments:
Seriously luuuurved this post. You guys are great together!
Congrats on your 21 years together and may the Lord bless you with many, many more!
Sniffle. This is so sweet, friend.
You know, he did pretty okay for himself, too.
Post a Comment