1. Glad for spring break. Would I be gladdier if both kids were off at the same time? You betcha. But, spring break heralds the downslide towards summer. And who wouldn't be glad about summer?
2. Glad I saw some tulips gettin' ready to bloom! Also, glad about this. We won't be real paying citizens because 50% of the family is quite over oooohhhing and aaaahhhing over flowers, but we'll take a long drive, and try to avoid being picked off the highway as we snap a few photos.
3. Glad a good friend of mine set me straight about ellipsis/ellipses. Apparently, there is a singular AND plural use to the word. Which freaks me out b/c I thought 3 freakin' dots were plural, anyway.
4. Glad that, though I've been behind on the Read With Me program, I have made it thru the books which make me a bit distractible and twitchy. You all know what they are. And you know you agree, unless you like thinking about lambs, and goats, and complaining people, Oh My! Nevertheless, there are treasures (especially when I think about the silly complaining folks...who would ever complain, given all God does for them/her? Ahem.) on each page.
5. Glad that my son is enjoying a series of college lectures on ancient world battles. And so glad that he can do this w/o me. :)
6. Glad that my dtr had her first slow dance. And that she told me all about it. Some may think me crazy, but I actually prayed that someone would ask her to dance. It feels so good to be asked.
7. Glad for a week of seeing girlfriends a bit. I got to have lunch with one and teach her to knit. She may never forgive me for that. She's in the I'm.So.Frustrated.I'm.Going.To.Stick.This.Needle. ____________. phase. I also got to see another lurve of my life for our weekly 6 a.m coffee and then saw her for dinner the same day! Lest you think I'm wild and crazy, the dinner was in support of the upcoming MS walk in our city. One of her employees is scheduled to walk. It was a privilege to eat more than I would (taking one for the team) normally consume to bump up my bill for a great cause. :)
8. Glad that the official countdown for gLee has begun. Holla!
9. Glad that God is sovereign in all situations. Some of my friends have gotten really hard news this week. I can only be comforted because I know none of this is a surprise to Him. And that He is faithful to see us through anything He allows. I'm clinging to this, actually.
10. Glad for Passion Week. Glad that my Father chose me. Glad that I've learned a wee bit about crucifixion, that I might really grieve for him, as well as celebrate His rising again. I'll never look at the cross around my neck the same after seeing movies like The Passion of the Christ and hearing our pastor talk of the bloody, inhumane, incredible way that He, who was blameless, suffered for me. I love you, Jesus.

13 comments:
9. Sounds so stinkin' egocentric. I meant that I can only find comfort for myself and to share because He is sovereign. You knew what I meant anyway. ;)
a. I love tulips. They are my favorite flower -- they are just a smidge above the daisy, in my book.
b. I teared up reading about your daughter and her first slow dance. While my daughter is only 3.5 and a long way off from doing anything other than the potty dance, I imagine I will pray someone asks her to dance as well. Sigh.
c. The crucifixion. Yikes. I heard the most life changing message by Anne Graham Lotz. She went into very intricate details about it and it forever changed the way I view a cross.
Thank you, Gretchen....as always!! xoxo
OK, seeing the Skagit festival picture almost made me cry. It was something I did every year when I lived over there. I have pictures of my oldest as a tiny baby plopped right down in the middle of a row of tulips(I know totally bad)
And to commenter Jen above me, I agree about tulips and then the lovely daisy, my 2 favorites!!!
So many of your glads are my glads too.
I agree! It's SO nice to be asked! And I'm so glad she was because she SHOULD be asked!
Think I'll join in today...(didn't know about the singular/plural thing either)after I've gone and seen Nate the Great with my son on his field trip!
HOLLA for gLee!!
#5 LOL! I'm with you on that one sister!
Your Gladdies always up my glad for the day. If I come here in a good mood, I leave in an even better one and if I'm a little bummed, I leave feeling a little, dare I say it, gLeeful!!
Love you.
I will be thinking of you this week as I, myself, head out to museums. You are going to have a super time. Promise.
I love your glads.
Just had to pop over here & tell you that I got such a "kick" out of your comments about the nail colors. I guess I have to start out with the pales & work my way toward the hot summer colors. I give my toes a month off in Jan., but with all the hand surgeries, I let them have Feb. off this year too. Glad to give them some color again! Thanks for stopping by!
You just make me happy, Miss G.
Just plain happy.
Glad it is "GladiTuesday!" It always makes me smile.
Ah, the first slow dance. I can still remember mine and it makes me smile.
So neat that she shares that with you. I still haven't told my parents because I wasn't supposed to be dancing, I was supposed to be eating birthday cake and opening presents. Which we did. After the dance. Which I conveniently left out of the details.
Love them all. Especially #10.
Post a Comment