1. "Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Please Shine Down On Me...." The incredible sunshine, both on Easter Sunday and Monday have been a true Godsend. I feel so much more productive, cheery, and energetic on a sunny day. As I've said before, Seattle dwellers may be the most sun-loving of all. I know I certainly appreciate these days. :)
2. "Bali Ha'i May Call You, Any Night, Any Day, In Your Heart, You'll Hear It Call You: "Come Away...Come Away." I know I wasn't in the South Pacific last week, but close enough. Rodgers' and Hammerstein's "South Pacific" was made into a 1957 movie, starring Mitzi Gaynor, and was filmed on Kauai. Yes, last week, we were on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Kauai. Sometimes life is just hard. Oh, and a little aside, of which I'm not proud: I played Bloody Mary, while in a choir singing a medley of "South Pacific" Songs--at.band.camp.
3. "Blue Eyes, Smilin' at Me...Nothin' But Blue Eyes Do I See..." Okay, another flagrant brag about my vacation (enough, already!)...saw Pierce Brosnan, up close. Sigh...we were in the same news stand area together. I'll never wash these eyes again.
4. "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends". Yep, not only is that the God's honest truth, and not only am I blessed beyond measure with the best friends on the planet, but I heard both the Beatles and the Joe Cocker version of this song today. You may know that I drive: a lot. Hearing good tunes is a way to connect with the boy and to make the time pass quickly. Plus, every so often, I just have to look at this video of Joe's version, translated. Makes me chortle.
5. "Oh Praise the One Who Paid My Debt and Raised This Life Up From the Dead." Jesus paid it all for you and for me. He was born for us. Lived and, sinless, took God's wrath upon himself for us, to justify us in relationship with a holy God. But the most crazy-amazing thing is that He rose from the grave and ascended to Heaven, where He waits for us! HE IS RISEN! Nothing. NOTHING. Is better than that. Woo!

4 comments:
This is a fun post. I firmly believe life should be a musical complete with a soundtrack and big choreographed numbers.
Hmmm ... I should find a flash mob to join.
Oh, me too! Me, too, Tanya!!!! Of course I need to learn how to dance. :)
GLADITUDES!!!! YES!!!!!
Thanks for the Gladdies! I need them!
Post a Comment