But sometimes, there is nothing funny to say. Not a quip. Not a sassy one-liner, complete with wink and hair-toss.
Sometimes we just need to sit in a bit of grief and remember. Sometimes, it's okay to be wrecked in remembrance, if only for a moment. Then, life moves forward, as it will and, as it should.
Thirteen years ago today, I had one child in preschool and one child with me, as I ran errands. I had run to the post office, and had just fastened my baby girl into her car seat, ready to run back to get her brother, as it was nearly time for morning preschool to let out. I was probably hurrying. An ordinary day. Except when I turned on the radio, I heard words that didn't make sense. Words impossible to process--a story unfolding, which was as unbelieavable as it was true.
But I can't leave you with this, alone. I leave you with another clip. Hope from ashes. God's able hand working something good from something horrific: Please click here.
We are...Columbine.
4 comments:
It never occurred to me that you lived so close to Columbine.
I think it's wrong for us NOT to remember. Thank for the reminder and for the hope, too.
xoxo
It's indelible. Good thing hope is indelible, too.
I, too, vividly remember falling to my knees in front of the tv, sobbing and crying out to God to save those children. indelible is correct.
Pam--Somehow, all these years after the fact, it gives me a feeling of hope and solidarity that, more than a 1000 miles away, you were touched, and prayed. I often forget about the many believers around me and far away, and the power of their prayers...
Post a Comment