Howdy! I hope your week has gotten off to a gladrific start. We had glorious sun over the weekend, and managed to spend some time outside each day; however, today, we were greeted with sprinkles and wind. Must be spring. Here are my top 5 gladdies for the week:
- Glad that Big came home on Thur night (well, Friday @ 12:00), so we had him in the house for three days! Our family just works best when all of us are present and accounted for. We make the most of travel days with Skype dates and other media devices, but kissing the camera lens is just not quite the same. We went out on a date on Saturday, after our day of family fun (ahem, it didn't start out fun, but one must keep trying) with the kids.
- Glad about all sorts of possibilities at the garden center. Mind you, I have allergies, and don't really like gardening, but looking at all the pretty herbs and flowers, over the weekend, made me happy.
- Glad for two weddings of dear, dear friends which are now less than a month away (same weekend). Also glad that there are 38 and 35 days of school left, respectively for the daughter and the son. I know the first few days of summer are gonna blow, because none of us is very good at transitions, but after that...oh, we are so good. Mmm. Can't wait to plan a bit.
- Glad that I made it past the 1/3 mark on my Bible in a Year study. Woohoo. I'm trying my hardest to read ahead, in order to give myself grace days (since this plan doesn't have them thrown in). Been reading a lot of the Psalms, lately. L.u.r.v.e.
- (Okay, deep breath, because I'm probably over-sharing)...Glad that I've decided to try to write a memoir about raising a child with the Autistic Spectrum primary diagnosis of Sensory Processing Disorder. We'll see. I've spoken to the child in question, and the child supports me and might even be persuaded to add a chapter of his/her own. Could use your prayers. God gave me this experience of loneliness and inexplicable joy, and I need to share it, so that someone else might not feel so lonely, and that her joy may be at least as amazing as mine. Anne Lamott has been such an encouragement to me re: getting started writing. Here's a tweet: "Write one bad pointless embarrassment of a paragraph. Now one more; one more. You did it! You're done for day (well, maybe just one more)". Another shout out to my friend, Audra, too. Heart you. You are a blessing.
- Bonus Glad: I have a mom's night out I'm looking forward to this week, AND a mom's sleepover this weekend. Holla!
- Bonus Glad 2: Mad Men.
For what art thou gladest this week?
4 comments:
Gretchen, congratulations on writing a book! Way to over share. When I state my intention to the world it forces me to commit. How about you?
Hi Anne! Thanks for stopping by. Yep, the fire under derriere is now ignited. We'll see. ;) Hope you and yours are doing well.
DO IT!!!! You're amazing, and this will help the whole world know just how real/incredible you are.
Rockstar.
You cracked me up with your comment about how you don't really like gardening. I am so with you. I think I would like to like gardening, but I really hate digging in the dirt. Mostly because what I plant usually dies:-(
Think about joining me in a writing support pact or program or something. I have writing to do, and it's so hard to set aside time to do it.
Post a Comment