Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ye Olde Blogg Updateth

Did you think i forgot how to type?

Nine days between posts. Aw...everyone is so busy, it's okay that you haven't had me upping your Google Reader count. Upping. Now, there's a verb. Good thing I cut my losses and went into speech therapy, because proper English usage is just not my strength.

It's too late for a GladiTuesday post, being Thursday and all, so I might just share a few glads and call it good. And I might just randomly type. Let's just see what happens, shall we. Live on the edge, and all.

  • I'm glad that the 4 car rear-ending accident which happened last Thur (the night before my play) ended up with 4 people able to walk away from their cars, and minimal damage to my own car. Plus, no ticket for moi, since I was at the front of the line. And the drivers who hit me even had insurance. I almost feel lucky. Almost.
  • I'm glad God forgives me for telling my son to "s*** u*!" shortly after the accident, when his jangled nerves put him on verbal overdrive, and mine put me on sensory overload. After the 9th question he peppered me with, in just about as many seconds, I just looked at him and said, "David....s. u. !" Yeah, adrenaline brings out the best in me. Glad he forgave me, too. We laughed about how everyone's personality reacts differently in a semi-crisis situation.
  • Glad that our play went so very well, and that most of my guests were unchurched folks, who felt comfortable and said they had a great time. This is event 2 or 3 for some of them, so it's wonderful that they feel welcome and loved, which they are. I hope to have some pictures, soon.
  • Glad for prayer warriors for things both big and little. Glad for a God who isn't too busy for the little things.
  • Glad for our worship/cast party tomorrow night. We'll prolly watch parts of the play and eat and sing and be silly with each other and our fams.
  • Glad for our neighborhood progressive dinner on Sat. night. I'm nervous b/c my house is not even to the place it needs to be, but que sera, sera. If they don't love me for me, I'll just make the cosmos extra strong. ;) Kidding. I'm kidding. It's too expensive to do that.
  • Glad for my daily dose of reality with my Bible, in front of the gleaming tree and blazing fire.

So...guess i should run right about now. My son's macaroni has boiled for about 5 minutes over the time limit. Don't want to put a ding in my Mother of the Year chances, so must go stir.

God bless you all at this crazy, amazing, sometimes hard, and all about Jesus time of year.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed the update sweetie, love you. Glad you are ok.

Amber said...

This time of year is nutty for all of us, but I am glad to know that all is well.

And still SO SO grateful that you are safe and sound after that wreck and that your play went swimmingly well.

Love you much.

O Mom said...

Such dramatic things that you turned around to be glad about.
i love the sh-- u- story. Forgiveness is what it's all about! :)

Mich said...

Do you have pictures or video of the play?

So glad you are ok.

Cathy said...

So glad you were ok and SO glad you were at the front of the pack...cause we have first hand experience on what it's like to be in the back (even when it's not your fault).:)

Wish I could have seen you in all your glory!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this post! Glad you (and everyone else) made it out of the accident alright.

Hope you got to the macaroni in time! :)

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Carpool Queen said...

I keep meaning to ask you about the play, but in between car accidents and Christmas preparation, that keeps falling off my radar screen.

How was it?

Susie Q said...

Oh Gretchen! I am SO glad you are all okay! This is a crazy time for us all and youhave had your share for sure!
Noone does gladitude like you sweetie...you are a blessing to all of us!
merry Christmas to you and your precious family (I hope the card got there!)
I adore you!
Love,
Sue

Becky said...

So glad y'all are doing well and that everyone walked away relatively unscathed. God is so good!

His Girl said...

Couldn't be gladder that you are all okay. Wish you were headed to CA instead of CO...

can I buy a vowel, please?

Gretchen said...

Obviously, since I am just now leaving a comment, I have been out of bloggyland too.
Glad to see we are both back and especially thankful that you are okay after the accident. :)

BTW, all of us mommys have "oops" moments, esp. in the midst of a crisis. I'm so glad our kids are quick to forgive.

Bev said...

We used to charge a quarter for saying s.u. but then there were a few quarters in the jar at any given moment too - it's okay for our kids to know we're human. 'Zip It' has come out of my mouth more than once, and when they heard it, they knew - stop! Love your realness.

Anonymous said...

Still so glad you're okay. Glad you brought me Gladituesdays this year. Glad God brought me you! Lurve you to pieces!!