Wait...did you see it? I said, "new friend".
My son has a new friend.
A friend who initiated this sleepover. Even though it's at our house. Probably better this way. This first time. More familiar. But still.
A friend who called David first. With no prior arrangement behind the scenes from me.
Whether they're friends for moments, months, or years, they're friends now. And I am so thankful to my God who cares about these heart moment details, and who has heard each fervent prayer for even just.one.friend. for David.
Because everyone needs friends.
13 comments:
I know that prayer well. Praise Jesus.
PS - I would have ignored the coke sneaking, too. I may or may not have bought a mini-fridge and installed it in his room just for the occasion.
Oh, Gretchen, I'm weeping with joy. I'm so happy, because I know that mother's prayer so well, also.
I'm praising Jesus with you, friend.
Now THAT is something to be GLAD about!!
Brought tears to eyes, yes.it.did.
Thank you Jesus, for listening to the spoken and unspoken desires of our hearts....
Beautiful post, my friend... so true, so very true... Everyone needs friends!
Thank you so much for praying, Gretchen. SO THRILLED for your son!! Oh, that just warms my heart!!
Awwww, so happy for him (and his friend!). Having some buddies to hang with does make things extra nice...especially over Christmas break. Praise God!
Mommy prayers...
prayers for a friend
prayers for the right kind of friend
prayers that our own will be a friend
I am so excited for you and yours. It warms the mommy heart when our kids are happy.
What a precious look through your Mama eyes...oh how I know the prayer myself, having one boy surrounded by girls, lacking that ONE special connection..
and then Amber's Keaton came for 4 days of bliss and when they all left and those 2 boys said "you're my best friend"...well, I just lost it for days after they left it seemed.
So, I know that it was a precious moment to soak in and I'm praying that it will be a lasting connection for D and his new friend.
oh no! I got behind and now I am sitting here, way behind, in a puddle of tears.
I love the mom that you are, Gretch. I just love you.
Oh Gretchen, I did notice those words immediately, and am rejoincing with you. I know just how much those moments mean, and even if for only this moment in time they are friends, it will be a moment that makes a difference.
So happy for your boy, and praying it is the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
This post made my heart smile. God sees us. And He cares. And it's SO wonderful when we see prayers answered.
I know that prayer. So glad God answered it for you and especially for D.
I know that prayer. So glad God answered it for you and especially for D.
Post a Comment