I've missed all y'all, and am back blogging here and there, with no consistent regularity, save for my GladiTuesdays. I've really wanted to catch up with you and read every one of your last several posts. Except.
A funny thing happened on the way to upgrading our computer system and memory. My google reader subscriptions have been erased. Gone. I suppose the silver lining of the situation is that I have a blank slate. However, I'm sad to not know what I've missed. I hope you "didn't have any fun without me". (That was for you, LVCG.) Know that whether I comment on every post or not, I'm catching up. But I'll try to comment. Because who doesn't like comments? The other silver lining is that our computer has stopped gasping and grinding. So the Windows 7 and new memory must be agreeing with its system.
And so what have I been doing? Nothing earth-shattering. Just mostly rehearsing for my play, doing a teacher appreciation luncheon for my dtr's school & attending her conference, doing Thanksgiving, grieving with/for a friend, and getting ready for Christmas. Leaving the bloggy--as hard as it was initially--was very nice. I remembered that it IS a hobby, not a job. I'm not Dooce, making beau coup bucks on my little tales of woe and wonder. Though THAT'S not a bad job--certainly wish I had thought of it first. Kinda like the post-it note. Where was I in the creativity department? Anyway, where was I? Oh, a hobby. Yes. And absence did make my heart grow fonder.
Wishing you all a blessed Advent season. And pinching myself. I didn't really know what Advent was until about 3 years ago. And now I'm celebrating it. And really enjoying this, too. :)
8 comments:
I missed you, but so get the "hobby" thing... I find myself not posting as much as I once did.
Sounds like you stayed pretty busy doing the things you love for those you love.
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
Hello sweetie, so glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving, love you.
Breaks can be really refreshing cant they? I removed all my subscriptions and took the approach of reading what I really enjoyed - very freeing to do that and much more enjoyable!
I SO missed you.
But am so glad that you've had some time away....it's refreshing..every once in awhile!! ;)
And..oohh..that Google Reader. Still not a fan. But good for you if you are. No judging here! ;)
You got to clear out your Google Reader without the guilt! I think that might be a personal blessing for you from God!
So I keep asking the other girls - where are we meeting next summer??? :o)
Gretchen - I love u whether you post a little or a lot. But of course I love when you post more.
Glad your 'puter is doing well post-op, lol.
I'm afraid to even go there with my coughing and wheezing laptop...especially around the Holidays when all my household appliances catch wind of it and go on strike.
Glad you had a fun time doing fun stuff!
haha. finally getting around to commenting myself.
couldn't be gladder you didn't find out you liked not blogging.
for that would be terrible.
Post a Comment