Tuesday, September 29, 2009

GladiTuesday!

Salutations! Here are a few gladdy mcgladdisms for today...join me on your own blog or in the comments section if there's anything on your heart which makes you especially glad. Today I give thanks for:
  • Wonderful phone calls with girlfriends.
  • A husband who works hard. Yes, there are several things I would change about his career choice--e.g. ixnay on the raveltay--but he enjoys what he does, has a great work ethic, and is a great example to our children.
  • A volleyball game at which to cheer for a newly minted middle school dtr who isn't afraid to try.
  • A daughter who shares her heart about anything. Even if it's painful for me to hear--like when I hear about her feeling like a "leftover" in the lunch room as she tries to find a place to sit.
  • A son who cuddles with me as we watch The Amazing Race together. And who champions those with differences.
  • The beautiful end of summer/early fall weather. We have had so much sun--I almost think I will be able to cope with our dreary winter. Almost.
  • The roof over my head and the food in my pantry/fridge. I was so (again) resentful last night about cooking for "those people" and knowing that once again, because China is not next door, Big would be on the phone most of the early evening. In fact, if I never cooked another dinner, that would be just fine with me because of Mr. Worky, Mr. Texture, and Miss Mood. Oh, and Queen Mood--that would be me. Sorry guys. But let's just say that yesterday was a moody day for Momma, too. Also, we all realize that the witching hours--from 5-7 p.m.--are not fit for man nor beast anyway. BUT. BUT! We have food. We have each other. My husband has a job. And little by little, I'm training "those people" and myself the way we should go. A table manner here, a new food to try there. And Grace, all the way around. How can I not be glad?
  • The backspace and delete keys on my 'puter.
  • Coffee with hazelnut creamer. For which I leave thee now and bid thee a fond farewell.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to remember to be thankful for food and quit complaining about buying it, putting it away, figuring out what to cook with it, hassling people to eat it...good grief! I just need to be thankful that we even have it when so many people don't. Thanks for the perspective, Gretchen.

Becky said...

I'm with Whimzie...great perspective, and a wonderful innagural list for GladiTuesday.

Love that name, by the way.

Denise said...

So inspiring, love you.

Tiffani said...

UGH! Was SO wanting to do my Gladdy Today but alas, it'll be tomorrow...

I love your girl and your boy and what you shared about them...

You had MUCHO greatness to share w/ my heart today and I'm GLAD!!!

Love you!

Mich said...

You always have a way of making me smile...

I am so thankful for you and GladiTuesday!!!

Carpool Queen said...

Grace, grace, grace. It's a process and an journey and the dinner table is training for that journey. (Except at my house, it's the breakfast table and man, are we bears to each other.)

Gladdy for you.

Cheryl Wray said...

Your list is just WONDERFUL! You make me smile!

Amber said...

Love this list. And love the reminder to be thankful the toilets that I have to scrub, beds I have to make, little Spiderman undies I have to wash, and food that I hate to cook.

His Girl said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for cooking for my Mr.Starving,Mr.Starving Jr.,and the Picky Twins.