Monday, September 28, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha-Change-es.




Okay, so raise your hand if you don't think of songs when titling your blog posts.




Normally, I'm all about the Gladitudes on Monday. But I'm changing it up. Bustin' a move. Sheddin' my skin.




Whatever. Actually, I liked the word combo of Gladitude + Tuesday, so I'm switching that part of our program here at Jewels In My Crown Someday to be my Tuesday feature: GladiTuesdays. Could I BE any wordier. Why, yes, yes I could. And isn't it special that I think I have enough blog fodder for a Tuesday and a Monday, and gracious, perhaps another day thrown in, just at a moment's notice. And do I run on much?




You may have heard me say that I get by with a little help from my friends. I believe it's true. Well, right now, I need help. I'm feeling a little frumpish from hair, to clothing, to home styling. Not in an emergency "I'll-just-die-if-I-don't-have-the-perfect-fall-decoration" way, but in an "I've-got-a-bit-of-the-non-creative-blahs" way.




Friends, I would love to hear from you. Do you have:




  • Any fall decoration idea or tradition that makes your home feel like fall?


  • Any new clothes in my size for me to wear fairly inexpensive ideas which help your regular old hair/makeup/clothing go a little farther or feel a little fresher?


  • Any crafty, style-y, or home-y websites or magazines that are your go-tos for inspiration?


Let's sweeten the coffee pot, shall we? If you leave me a creative suggestion, I will draw from these suggestions on Thur, Oct. 1st by 8 a.m. Pacific Time, and the winner will receive a $5.00 Starbucks card. Yes, that's only one drink's worth at today's prices, but doesn't it make you smile all the same? There: visions of pumpkin spice dancing in your heads. You may enter as often as you wish, especially if you're one of those "I have to win even if it's just a Starbuck's card" people.



Meanwhile, enjoy those new season TV shows. And blessings on your week.



Photobucket

14 comments:

Tiffani said...

Oh, I hope being up early and being the first to comment works in my favor!!!

I always think of song titles for posts (see post of mine in a bit) but of course, you already know this about me...

Ok, one thing I that I do to sort of "recycle" my shirts is take my sleeveless/tanks/shirts and put them under a clearance long sleeved shirt and leave it open...but of course, we live in different climates..but my fave stores are places like Ross, so, it's easier to find a even one or two pieces for cheap.

As far as decorating/ideas...I love the cheap magazines too ;). Like All You, Women's Day and there's one other I can't think of right this minute (so, I'll come back to up my chances...heehee). I like them b/c they give me ideas that are do-able on my budget. Of course, would I be southern if I didn't like Southern Living?! But, that just makes me have champagne dreams on my beer budget...but the recipes are fab.

Moving on, oh, I also like Family Fun. They, of course, have lots of decorating ideas to get the kids in involved in...great fall recipes, etc...

Geez, I don't think you said the LENGTH of the comment would help me win in any way, did you?!

Carpool Queen said...

I buy the white pumpkins and put them on my mantle (next to the Legos), and then use them for carving at Halloween.

I also pick up a couple of bales of hay to put by my mail box and stick some pumpkins on there.

Clothes? I'm in love with the tshirt, and in the fall I switch from white to brown and throw a jacket over it.

O Mom said...

I thought I'd share this post. I thought it was acute and cheap way to make fall look so cute on the door.
http://infarrantlycreative.blogspot.com/2009/09/easy-cheap-fall-wreath.html

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you switched Gladitudes to Tuesdays because last week I loved the little word change. It is clever (or is it spelled cleaver? -which ever, the one that isn't used to pound meat).
Fall is my favorite! I uses candy corns around the candles in my house and I buy the little gourds and pumpkins to pile in a bowl on my table.

Julie said...

I wish I had something to share.... that was cool and crafty... but NOPE, not me.... I just float into the seasons.... lol

I've missed being here, Gretchen! I haven't been visiting blogs much these last few weeks. The wedding has kept me busy... but 5 more days and life will maybe move back to some normalcy. It will be weird having 3 children instead of 5... at home....

Hope you're doing well!!!

Big hugs!!!

Unknown said...

As discussed in my own blog today, this is what makes my home feel like fall:

http://hidelyho.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/the-best-part-of-fall/

Becky said...

I always think of songs whilst blogging!

There are TONS of great decor-y blogs out there which I have on my reader...if you go to Nesting Place, she's got a list of some of her favorite decor blogs and I've poked around through many of them, all good. Lots of fall decor stuff going up on sites right now.

No advice in the clothing department. Unless you want to be a frump, and then it's pretty much jeans, t-shirts and flip-flops, until the weather cools off, then it's slip ons.

Loving Gladi-Tuesday! It does have a decidedly good ring to it.

As for running on and on...you just do that all you want, for I enjoy it and your sense of humor.

Mich said...

hmmm...

candles are the decorating key for me. They can make a sink full of dishes look better, while making the kitchen trash can scent less noticable. Paula Dean has some great "cheap" ones at Walmart right now. I just buy a scent to go with the season.

I love magazines and will splurge on a decorating magazine every once in a while, but what I really love to do, is go to the flea markets and find a basket full of old copies for 25 cents a piece.
Of course I love flea markets anyway, great decorating bargins!!!

Other than that I am no help right now, for I am way behind on my seasonal decor...too busy!

Maybe I can get to that soon. I may be checking back with your comments for some quick and easy ideas.

Denise said...

I love fall. I decorate with candles, scarecrows, lots of fall colors.

Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm sorry to say I'm all out of inspiration but still wanted to stop by and give you a cyber hug anyway. I keep forgetting that Starbucks pumpkin latte is out. I need to add that to my 'run over and do' list.

O Mom said...

Are you sure we can enter again? I feel a little guilty....

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my little blog the other day. It was so encouraging. And I don't just stop by here, I really like to read your blog. I am originaly from the Coast area in Wa. but now live in E.Wa. so love to hear about life(rain) over there! :)

Tiffani said...

I forgot we could comment more than once...

;)

So, I'm here hopefully increasing my chances and telling you that you're wonderful!

Cathy said...

Dried cornstalks from the pumpkin patch are great tied around pillars or posts in the front of a house! And anything that makes your house SMELL fally is awesome!

And I was going to suggest what Tiff said about getting cheap long sleeve t's in various colors and wearing them under your short sleevers.

May think on this some more and come back and leave more comments...even if the contest is closed.:)

Love ya!

His Girl said...

I love gladituesdays!

late to the party, but nothing says fall to me like my cornucopia filled with corn and small pumpkins.