Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day...

Gosh, yesterday's post was a bit of a downer.  But it was an honest assessment of my mood and heart for the moment.  As I reread every verse, I so painstakingly looked up (because I can't remember them), I knew in my heart that I wasn't alone.  I also knew in my heart that when I ask Him to rid me of myself, I must be prepared for His will to do so.  Riiiight.  Wasn't prepared.

So...today was a bit gentler.  Certainly time with my beloved, watching our marathon of Downton Abbey helped, too.  As did this walk, which I took right before I made dinner.  Yes, the snow is inconvenient, and the streets are icy.  But a more splendid, majestic sight, I've rarely seen.  Pure.  Beautiful.  Although my heart beats for Maui, I do hope my life will always be filled with the odd snow day or two.  While the sand between my toes, the frolicking whales, and the crashing surf remind me to run, and play, and live life to the full, the softly fallen snow reminds me to rest.  More than that, however, it reminds me that He makes all things new. 




Revelation 21:5 (NLT)
And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!”


Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

A reminder to rest - I love that! My boy has been hoping for snow for his birthday. Guess he wasn't specific about geography. ;-)

Gretchen said...

What a cutie, Amy. They're getting so big!

Gretchen said...

I love your perspective of how the snow/cold reminds us to rest and the the sun/sand reminds us to live.

I personally LOVE the snow, so I would be happy as a clam... er, a snow bunny. :)

Happy Friday, friend!

Gretchen said...

Thanks for stopping by, GOTE. It WAS beautiful. Around day 5 of not being able to leave the house, we all started longing for places like Target, though.