Been feeling mopey and undone about some stuff that iI won't blog about and am not ready to talk about in person, so i thought I'd write about it to the internets. Because I'm private that way.
Actually, friends, i often use this little piece of cyber-real estate to work things out in my mind and heart. You're welcome to come along, and see what i figure out, but this post is for me. My 'ciphering tablet, if you will. 'Cept i'm ciphering thoughts, rather than numbers.
The upshot: i'm ready for Jesus to come right now. I want the New Earth. I want perfect relationships, and I'd like to say good-bye to pain and disease and malcontent. I'm done. Inserts fingers in ears: La-la-la-la-la.
But God's not done. Not done with me here, and for that I praise him. Even on crapitude days. Days like this remind me that what I know is far more powerful than what I feel. I'm reminded that I have the Holy Spirit indwelling me--that His truth says:
- Not to future trip: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 (NIV)
- To give thanks for today: This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24(NIV)
- That God loves me more than I can fathom: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NIV)
- That my attitude should be the same as Christ's: "In your relationships with one another, have the same attitude of mind Christ Jesus had: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a human being, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!" Philippians 2:5-8 (NIV) ; "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8 (NIV).
- That my troubles are momentary, that they prune and refine my faith, and that they warrant praise to God: Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4 (NIV) ; "Blessed are those who persevere under trial, because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 (NIV) ; "Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless." James 1:26 (NIV)
- That in return for the life He's given me, God asks that I love Him with my heart, soul, mind, and strength, (Deut. 6:5) and love others as He loves them. "So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other." John 13:34 (NLT)
- That Heaven is real. It's coming, and it's my home. "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33(NLT) ; "Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne; and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world. All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven.
And everyone will see him—
even those who pierced him.
And all the nations of the world
will mourn for him.
Yes! Amen!
“I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.” Rev. 1:4-8 (NLT)
Thank you for Your Holy Spirit. And thank You for your infinite patience and love.
God's grace

3 comments:
I needed to hear ALL of this today. Thanks, Gretchen.
Cathy, you bet. I keep needing to re-read. Saying a prayer of peace over you and yours.
Right there with ya, sister!
Post a Comment