But...I'm not. Here I sit, blogging, when I most certainly have eleventy-thousand loads of laundry to start (and, ahem, get to the FIRST time they finish, before mildew sets in), a house to excavate, and Easter details to attend to. These details may or may not include: easter bunny assistance and shopping for that splash of pastel coluh to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative in my figure.
Oh, I also have a husband to taxi from the airport. I must then feed him, show him to bed (not in the "take me to bed or lose me forever" way, either--after flying for 12+ hours, he'll be beat), and utter a prayer of thanks that due to his fatigue, he likely won't notice the state of the house, the sweat on my upper lip from working so hard, or the fact that my hair will still be damp when we scream into the pick up lane by Asiana airlines--following the posted speed limit, of course.
But...beyond, and ever-amazing and incredible to me is that really...none of this really matters. What matters is that God loved the world so much, he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16, NLT)
THAT'S what really matters. And THAT'S what I celebrate, whether in the laundry room, or at this computer, or on my way to SEA-TAC airport to pick up a weary traveler.
May God give you His favor, His grace, and a heart of gratitude and celebration this Easter.
He is RISEN.
He is Risen, INDEED.
But I will go clean now.
1 comment:
you, my friend, are the bees knees. Happy Easter!!
Post a Comment