Remember those commercials, "I have a headache T-H-I-I-I-I-I-S B-I-I-I-I-G!"? Well, I have two of them. One is nearly 13 and one is nearly 15. Oh, my Lord, I'm so glad people bit their tongues when we shared that we wanted to have a baby/and/or were pregnant. We would have z.e.r.o. population if folks told about days like this. Perhaps negative population growth. Of course, I knew everything in my 20s, so I probably thought I could have had the world's second and third perfect children. :)
And can we talk, Joan Rivers? Farting dogs. They're also a headache. In fact, not only do I have a big, farting Retriever, but my small, farting Dachshund has now reached that certain age...He can no longer sleep through the night without a trip to the back yard in the wee hours of the morning (no pun intended--or was it?).
Oh, and my real headache? Yeah...been niggling right behind the eyes at about Defcon 2 for most of the day, but we're headed to D4.
And..."And?" you say. "There's more?". Yep. And...I hate 7th grade pre-algebra. Hated it in 1981-82, and hate it 30 years later.
OK.
I think that's it.
Don'tcha just hate it when the turkeys get ya down? Or rainy days and Mondays?
So...I need to scram into my telephone booth and do the quick change from maddy to gladdy. I'll try.
1. Glad for my headache. For it's not a heart problem. Last week, I was getting an EKG and labs drawn b/c of chest pain. We now think the chest pain is b/c I'm "a woman of a certain age". (sigh) But no indicators of heart disease. I'll take a headache for $500, Alex.
2. Glad for the
3. Only 6 more days till I get to be back on Facebook. Oh, and Easter. :) Yeah, I know. Also happy about getting to sing some Easter songs in choir this week. Lurve.
4. I get to go to bed in 90 minutes. And tonight, I have the remote to myself. Mwah ha ha.
5. Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)
Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail; they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness!
Blessings, my friends.
3 comments:
What a goof. Either/or, not neither/nor. :)
Wow, my Monday was pretty sucky too. In fact, I emailed a friend yesterday afternoon with quite similar pissy, moody, frustrated thoughts. Hope today is a new, better day for you!
I'm there too...just not brave enough to hit the "publish" button. Hang in there. Let's swap prayers, okay? :)
Post a Comment