Saturday, April 16, 2011

Check!

If you've visited this here blog for any length of time, you might have noticed my bucket list on the right side bar of the blog.  A week ago last Friday evening, I got to check another item off.  Which one?

Stand up comedy. 

Woo hoo!

I have always loved to laugh, always self-medicated with humor, and always loved to make others laugh.  I also happen to love words and writing and being a ham.  So...a stand up comic was born.  Full disclosure:  I performed my routine in a room of women who attend my church (girls night out).  So,  it's more than likely that I had the most gracious and audience a girl could ever have. 

Will I do it again?  I don't know.  They laughed in all the right places.  I sometimes even heard a guffaw or cackle.  Not sure about my audience, but I sure had fun. 

If you don't have a bucket list (I call mine dynamic, because I think it's okay if it changes!), I highly recommend thinking about generating one.  Not only have I been able to focus in on some fun and/or meaningful activities, but as I reach that "I'm 42 years old, and what do I have to show for it?" age, I find that it helps me hone in on not just fun things, but perhaps even possible 2nd career ideas and dreams. 

Stand up comedy.  Check.

Photobucket

4 comments:

His Girl said...

Oh, I wish I were there!

By the way, if you ever plan the trip to NY with girlfriends COUNT ME IN!!!

His Girl said...

btw, I find you exceedingly funny. I bet those girls who were there were blessed indeed!

Gretchen said...

Thank u, sis.

BTW: I do know my right from left. I jockeyed w/ye olde blogg after I had posted. I believe liste de bucket is now on the left. ;)

Becky said...

Can I get your autograph??