Saturday, June 26, 2010

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

Playing along with Mer and Angie.  Join in, if you wish...

Put on your Jon Lovitz, and Get to Know Me (as if there's anything you prolly don't know--I'm pretty transparent!)



What color are your socks right now? No socks. Merrill flip-flops.  Telling myself they're good for my feet.

What are you listening to right now? My ding-dang dog, barking at all the walkers on the path which runs behind our house.

What was the last thing you ate? Cereal.  I like to mix my cereals.  Does anyone else do that?  Too many left brains here?

Can you drive a stick? Well now, that's a rather tawdry sounding question.  But yes, I can.  I learned (I kid you not) on my friend's green Pinto.  You know...the kind with an exploding gas tank. 

Last person you spoke to on the phone? My hubby.  I spoke to him tomorrow morning, in fact. ;)  But the second to last person was Sus! On her way into CO.

How old are you today? 41.  Mantra?  41 is Fun.

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? American Idol.   Or Survivor.  Yeah...not huge sporty mcsporter.  But my hubby loves football and golf, and I love him, so I watch (aka nap/knit/read) Surprisingly, I'm actually starting to like golf.  Because they're quiet.  No freakin' vuvuzela horns!  Ahem.

What is your favorite drink? The list is too long!  Must have:  Coffee.  Lurve:  Wine/Margs, tied.  Non alco: Diet Dr. Pepper/Diet Coke, tied.

Have you ever dyed your hair? I simply help it back to the way God intended for it to be.  I see my greys as hairs of the world.  And it's my job to live in the world, but not OF the world.  ;)

Favorite food? Mexican. Or Italian.  Or king crab.  Or Frost Donuts.

What is the last movie you watched? Toy Story 3.  Cute.  Made me wistful...

Favorite day of the year? Tie:  Christmas and July 4th.  Easter would be more fun if my hubby joined in, but right now, it's kind of a divided day.  He usually goes to Christmas Eve svcs, though.

How do you vent anger? I usually spew, but I don't recommend that.  (This was Mer's answer, and I concur).  I also might be a little passive aggressive.  "What's wrong?"  "NOTHING!".  Next question.

What was your favorite toy as a child? Young child = Mrs. Beasley.  Older child = Barbies.

Favorite Season? Fall.  It never used to be.  But this is one season in nearly every place I've lived which is simply beautiful.  And I lurve the aromas of fall baking, etc.

Cherries or Blueberries? Yes!  Actually, I prefer blueberries, but we have cherry trees at the beach house, and they make for a smashingly delicious cherry pie on, you guessed it:  July 4th!

Living situation? I couldn't ask for a better family.  Period.  They exasperate me daily, and I them, too, but in the joys and sorrows of my life, our 4-pack is the best.  Thank You, GOD.

When was the last time you cried? During Toy Story.  It was just a sniffle though.  Cried at watching my son take his "graduation" (8th grade) trip with his dad.  Culmination of so much...Just so proud.  Cried as my dtr received "most improved" award in track.  Her team voted her in for that award.  Sniff.

What is on your closet floor right now? A somnolent, geriatric wiener dog.

What are you most afraid of? Having my husband die while he's traveling, or having one of the kids die/get severely injured.  This is a happy little topic.  NEXT...

Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Spicy, loaded up cheeseburgers.  I don't really need the burger part, but if it has all that other stuff, I'm good.

Favorite dog breed? I suppose I'll take one for the home team and say Dachshund and Golden Retriever. 

Favorite day of the week? Sunday.  Because of three things:  Church.  Taco Bell.  Napping.

How many states have you lived in? 6.  IA, CA, AZ, CO, TX (briefly--a summer), and WA

Diamonds or pearls? I don't discriminate.  What is your favorite flower? Snapdragons and roses.

Did you get an H1N1 vaccine? No. Got a normal flu shot though. 


Is your life complete now?  Can you die happy?  I have a bonus question for you:  In what state would you love to retire if money/circumstances were no object-or-Where would your dream vacay be (same criteria)?
Photobucket

10 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed this.

Becky said...

So proud of your kids right along with you. Still using Jeff's computer while mine is on the fritz...having bloggy withdrawls. Need to blog soon. Pictures on crashed computer. Ugh.

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

I joined in as well...you can check it out here http://thatisinarapp.blogspot.com/2010/06/just-because.html

Marla Taviano said...

I think this is the best one of these thingies I've ever read. You are just completely witty and brilliant. Completely.

Amy said...

Mrs. Beasley was my constant companion!!! She got lost at the circus and was replaced immediately.

Unknown said...

Yes I am complete, except who is Mrs Beasley?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Such a fun way to learn about others...

I laughed at your tawdry interpretation of the stick. And so jealous of your cherry trees.

And I'd love to retire in Evergreen, CO. What about you?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mer - Evergreen is GORGEOUS, and the McDonald's there has a roomy bathroom.

I should be a travel writer.

Angie said...

Don't know why it took me a few days to get to reading your post.

My best friend had a Mrs. Beasley doll. I loved her. I loved Family Affair too. I wanted to wear real pajamas and be tucked in bed at night like Buffy and Jody were, with their covers all neat and tidy and tucked in.

I'd like to retire to Colorado - especially now that I know the McDonalds in Evergreen are roomy. But I worry about how we will shovel snow when we are old and feeble??

Dream vaca? Switzerland for 4 weeks then a tropical island for 4 weeks.

whimzie said...

Kellie doesn't know Mrs. Beasley?! No Family Affair in your childhood, Kel? Sadness.

I love learning new things about you, friend!

I'm not picky about the vaca spot really. I want to go everywhere eventually. Greece would be nice, I think. I loved all those beautiful blues in the Mama Mia movie. I'd like to see them in person.