Tuesday, June 22, 2010

GladiWednesday

Hi, my name is Gretchen, and I've been ignoring the blogosphere and my own blog for about three weeks. 

Hi, Gretchen.  Gretchen, before you start your Gladitudes, would you like to explain to the group why you've been so neglectful/absent, lately?

Why, yes.  Yes, I would.  You see, You, I've simply gotten out of the habit.  Numerous things have drawn my attention away from the blogosphere, and by the time I got ready to sit down and type, either someone was in residence at one of the computers (trying not to call them MY computers), or the end of school was happening, auditions for the Christmas play at my church were occuring, we might've celebrated an anniversary and a b'day, etc. etc. etc.  Nothing monumental.  Just not altogether bloggy habit-friendly.

Oh, so Gretchen...do you think this warrants having a laptop or iPad of your own?  To keep you in the habit of blogging?

I'm so glad you asked that!  Yes, I do.  However, I have a husband who is practically perfect in every way, and he reminds me of wants versus needs.  whatever.  Evidently, we don't need to be a 4 computer family.  whatever.  And at this time, I feel the need, the need for speed, and for some gladdies. 

  • Glad I wanted to cowgirl up to the keyboard today and dive back in.
  • Glad I'm nearly 1/2 way finished with the Read With Me Challenge to read my Bible in one year.  I'm using Piper's program, and lurve it--though I parked in Psalm 119 for like...2 weeks.  I'm also reading other books, too.  Novels and memoirs and such.  Luuuurve.
  • Glad that my 12 year old daughter is now measuring 5'6", and is nearly as tall as me.  Because I'm tired of her asking whether or not she'll grow and be 5'8", her dream height.  
  • Glad that my son "graduated" 8th grade, and he had a mancation with his dad to DC.  Glad about his thank you gift to his teachers:  a sci-fi short story.  Proud mom moment...I'd lurve to submit it somewhere, but don't know where.  At any rate, it's been one of the few writing assignments (from me, no less!) that he's been motivated to do.  Excited, even, at the prospect of making something for them.
  • Glad my dtr. has made it thru prolly one of the snarkiest years in school:  6th grade.  There are days when I wanted to send her to school w/a flak jacket--and there are days when I needed one. ;) Ahem.  And thru it all, her BFF and she have weathered each storm and come out giggling.  Usually.
  • Glad to have celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on 6.2.  We had such a loverly trip to Whidbey, and after laying a few or 25 pavers, we relaxicated the entire weekend away.  And filled it with spoiling.  I am so blessed. 
  • Glad to hear my little 13.5 year old Dachshund gently sigh and wimper in his sleep (as I type away).  I bet he's catching something FIERCE. Go Murphy!  You go with your cataracts and your decreased hearing and your arthritis.  In your dreams, I'm sure you're a Rottweiler.
What makes you glad today? 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Angie said...

So glad to see you back! If it weren't for FB I would have thought you had fallen off the earth.

A 5'6" 12 year old daughter! I think my daughter is going to be that tall when she's 12 - or I hope so to catch up with the size of her feet!!

Would love to read the sci-fi short story.....are you gonna post it on here? Love the mancation idea.

Happy 20th!! You weekend away sounded heavenly.

Mich said...

I'm GLAD your back! I missed your "gladi" lists. Although I totally understand, for I haven't been on as much this summer either.

My daughter, sigh is almost 14 and can only dream of being 5'6". I'm afraid the women in my family run a little on the shorter side.

Glad you are having a good summer...

O Mom said...

Oh my, can you hear me squealing with excitment that you posted??
Ok, really I'm not a squealer, but I felt like I could!
And are you taller than 5'6"? I would have never guessed...
Ohh 6th grade I remember it well.

Blessings to you :)

Denise said...

You my friend made me glad today, love you.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the lurve, girls. My dtr may just make it, since her dad is 6'4". However, my son might just have to "settle" at 6'2", since he has me to pull down his gene pool (avg height in men).

Sandy said...

GLAD you are back! I could tell from FB that you have been super busy doing wonderful things & celebrating great events. But I was still glad to find you today when I "checked in" at your blog like I've done many times over the last few weeks... Welcome back!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I missed you! Glad you jumped back in to the bloggy world, G.