Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bet You're Glad It's A Mash Up






Well, thanks to my friend, Arkansas-Amber, I have blog fodder for my gladdies post! It's a Betcha Didn't Know-Gladitude mash up!  Holla.  If you're a gLover (gLee lover), you understand.  And if you're not, may I recommend Hulu.com?  Just sayin'.  Join us, if you're so inclined, in a Betcha Didn't Know Fiesta!  You can grab her button by going to the link above.

Without further glado, I give you 10 things I Betcha Didn't Know I'm Glad For (English majors, pls accept my apologies):

1.  Betcha didn't know that tomorrow's my 20th anniversary.  Oh, what's that you say?  I HAVE mentioned it a time or 11?  Well...so what.  Glad news bears repeating.  Stay tuned for a totally indulgent anniversary post sometime soon.
2.  Betcha didn't know that my husband swabbed our decks yesterday at the beach house.  Why is this a gladitude?  Because he did it in the rain.  Hey...it does look better.  He made room for more algae growth.
3.  Betcha didn't know that I'm glad it was (avg) 50* and rainy all Memorial Day weekend (except for the last 9 hours).  Why?  Well...because I didn't sweat.  How I do hate sweat. And I didn't slip or fall on our little hike (in the rain).  And because I was with my family.
4.  Betcha didn't know that I'm glad our family has made a fort on the beach every Memorial Day weekend ( for the past 3 years).  Pictures to come.  This year, I took more pictures than usual.  Because I started getting a bit misty that my kids might not want to be making a fort with their folks in the near future.  But this is a glad list, so I'm moving on.
5.  Betcha didn't know that I made stars and stripes cookies this weekend.  Let's just say I wasn't the only glad one about those.  Before all you foodie/recipe types ask.  Yes, they were delicious.  And yes, they were based on a cake mix.  This leopard's spots haven't changed. :)
6.  Betcha didn't know that my daughter and I went out and bought a colored hair extension piece for her.  This makes me glad because a) it's not permanent, and b) she's showing confidence in being who she is.  Do I lurve the hair extension?  No.  But that's beside the point.
7.  Betcha didn't know that tomorrow's my anniversary.  Wait...I said that.
8.  Betcha didn't know that I'm reading Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.  My dtr's class was reading the junior edition, and I knew I had the regular copy laying around somewhere, so I picked it up.  So far, very fascinating. I'll review it here when I finish.
9.  Betcha didn't know that we saw lots of bald eagles last weekend.  They make me so glad.  And i don't know why. I guess I just see God's majesty in their stature and flight.
10.  Betcha didn't know that my husband picked up a seashell the other day and looked at it in wonder.  Betcha didn't know that he also said, "How can you look at this and think (the world) it's all random?"  And I'll bet you can only imagine the smile which spread across my face as I said, "Yep...screams Creator to me.".  Holla!

Photobucket

17 comments:

whimzie said...

I only knew some of those. But now I'm glad that I know all of them. CPQ will be glad you have 10 on your list. You know she doesn't like it when lists end on a wrong number.

#10 gave me shivers. It's like being in the middle of a book that's leading up to a really, really good ending.

Denise said...

I love you, and I hope you and dear hubby have a very blessed anniversary tomorrow.

O Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!
Glad about no sweat. ha.
And that #10 made me so smile, I could almost picture God whispering right in his ear, reminding him that He is there!
Love it!

Brandy said...

Loving #10. Praise God.

Becky said...

Wonderful list...especially #10. Just yesterday we were going over Psalm 19 in Sunday School. The seashells, too, are a 'work of His hands'. It is hard to stop and admire the art without acknowledging the artist.

Praising God!

Amber said...

I love me a good mash-up, but this has to be one of my most favorite mash-ups EVUH.

Love you friend. And #10 just made me all kinds of giddy.

Dawn Bibbs said...

Gretchen, I'll be honest...I haven't even read this post (yet)! Actually, I haven't read ANY in MONTHS!!! But I was ATTEMPTING to update my own and saw that you'd recently updated. So I thought I'd pop over to say hello! I sure do miss reading your blog...but it's my own fault that I haven't stopped by.
Anyway, I hope you and the family are doing well. I will try very hard to catch up with you soon....as to not embarrass myself by asking questions that I could easily read and get answers on :-).

Take care, my friend! HUGS!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm a gLover! How perfect that your mash-up was on a Tuesday too. Makes me downright gLeeful.

#10? WOW!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Marla Taviano said...

#10 just MADE MY DAY. And I think the hair extension sounds super-cool. Love you, friend! Happy Anniversary!!

Cathy said...

Well, if #10 isn't one of the bestest anniversary presents ever, I don't know what is!

I'm gladdy WITH you about all these things!

g.L.o.v.e. I.T.

Unknown said...

Loved this post my friend. Happy Anniversary. Hugs.

His Girl said...

so many comments. I'm going to steal whimzie's second half of her comment. and pretend I said it. cause it was that good.

also, I love all your other betchagladdies. and I love mashups. and glee. and more than all of these added up together... you.

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Betcha didn't know that I think you should start a blog about living Unequally Yoked by classy example? I would read it for sure. Betcha didn't know how much you touch my heart. Betcha didn't know how the first time I saw your blog it was of your son playing Willy Wonka and he touched my heart for a reason I didn't know until my own son's boyhood started revealing itself. Betcha didn't know that I know you're a crybaby and might just be tearing up now and I love you even more for it.

Carpool Queen said...

You know, in the grand scheme of things, a little hair extension that makes her happy and gives her confidence is a small thing.

I'm learning to bite my tongue and let them express THEIR individuality.

Unknown said...

Betcha didn't know that this post made me very happy, and very nostalgic to make a whidbey trip....

Lisa Smith said...

50 degrees??? I woulda been frah-eeezing!!!

Hope the anniversary was happy... can't wait for the indulgent post =)

Betcha didn't know I lurve you, girlfriend!!

Pink said...

I love reading your blog! I am doing my first give away at:
http://pink-itsmorethanjustacolor.blogspot.com/
Would love for you to stop by and enter!