In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I'm keeping my background pink. Ladies: Please check your breasticles each month for lumps and bumps which are unusual. Men: Remember that you can get breast cancer, too. Also, be sure and give the wife a once over every so often. My uncle is the one who saw a lump on my aunt's ribcage before she noticed it. He probably saved her life, since the lump happened to be breast cancer.
Also, i know that some of you may be approaching "that age" wherein a mammogram is not only just suggested, but FIRMLY suggested. Go forth. Get squeezed. It's really not that big a deal, and I am a wimp. And in honor of one of my favorite breast cancer survivors, Jenster, go treat yourself to a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks afterwards.
11 comments:
WORD!! (Had me one of them there White Chocolate Mochas today!)
This post made me weepy. Not only because you wrote this is the BEST of Gretchen style, but because Jenster is a survivor, and I am so proud to call you both my friends.
Now, I am going to log off and give my husband the surprise of his life...he'll love you forever Gretchen when I tell him that I need him to feel me up because of your blog. ;)
Thanks for this important post sweetie, love you.
Like the pink...
I'm so bad about doing this, so thank you for the reminder. And I'll join the squeezy ranks in a few months.
Argh.
Wait, attitude check...Yay, boobs!
Kellie.
Ditto.
Missing you friend so decided to pop in - only you can make this kind of a topic so enjoyable!! Love you girl!
I've already joined the squeezy ranks.....it's not so bad.
So glad we are breast friends now.
I love that you call them BREASTICLES. Because I do, too!!!
I'm totally aware of the severity of this disease. And age has nothing to do with it. I was only 28 when they found a mass in my breasticle. Turned out to be okay, but still....it doesn't matter how old you are or how cute your hair is....
It's real.
Thanks for sharing this!!!!
I had one at 35 to set aside as 'normal', another at 40 and every year after that. I dont love them but it takes 15 minutes out of my day and feels good to know I'm doing what I can to live a long, healthy life for my family. Thanks for sending out the word to get checked!
Post a Comment