
Howdy! I hope this week has started off well for you, and if it has been a bumpy one, I pray that you'll be given some peace and grace. Here are some gladdies that came to mind this week:
2. Glad that Christmas is less than 2 months away! Woo hoo. I'm a counter downer, and the count down is officially ON! :) What better time to get ye to amazon.com or cbd.com and order ye yer newest work from our friend John, c/o The Dirty Shame. Also...please always remember and don't ever forget--he's having weekly drawings over at his site. Go! And tell all your friends. Please.
3. Glad for our play rehearsal for our Christmas Dessert Theater. We're at that time when none of us can believe it will actually materialize into a play, but it will.
1. Ten years ago this month, my husband and I embarked on an stupid amazing adventure. We decided to do a home exchange with another couple between our home in Castle Rock, CO and their home in Oisterwijk, The Netherlands. However, we seemed to forget that we were married with 2 little kids. Be that as it may, we headed for Holland, and spent about 2 weeks, living in someone else's home, driving their car, and riding their bikes. I will not lie: there were times when I was so homesick, I wanted to fly home that day--mostly because of the comforts and familiarity for the babies. And, it got a little old always looking for the kid side of these charming European towns. My mindset hadn't fully changed from that of young married traveler to young married traveler with 2 children, 2 large suitcases, 2 car seats, 1 stroller, and carry-on baggage. You understand. When all was said and done though...it was worth it, and I'd do it again. The fond memories of these babies so small makes me glad. And a wee bit sad. If you're wondering why I'm lying down...Well, the camera's timer only had so much time--10 sec?--and I had to fly back to the brick wall and hurl myself into position. That is as far as I got.
2. Glad that Christmas is less than 2 months away! Woo hoo. I'm a counter downer, and the count down is officially ON! :) What better time to get ye to amazon.com or cbd.com and order ye yer newest work from our friend John, c/o The Dirty Shame. Also...please always remember and don't ever forget--he's having weekly drawings over at his site. Go! And tell all your friends. Please.
3. Glad for our play rehearsal for our Christmas Dessert Theater. We're at that time when none of us can believe it will actually materialize into a play, but it will.4. Glad that the rain stopped today--after downpouring on and off for a couple of days--and I could walk the hounds. Further glad that I saw my most excellent friend whilst walking the dogs and caught up with her for a few minutes.
5. Glad no one got anything of real value when pilfering through Big's car last night. We have a house alarm, but it's always scary to know that someone is outside your house, messing around. We do lock our cars fairly religiously--I think perhaps one of the kids or one of us went back into the car to get something and forgot to lock it. Here's an object lesson in taking care of what we have and in forgiving others.
6. Glad for a nice Sunday night. Big and I took the kids to a jewelry store to find a gift for his mom. We found a piece which celebrates all 3 of her grandchildren, and I think she'll be pleased. Then we all went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner, and browsing at Barnes and Noble and Old Navy after dinner. Well, the girls walked over to ON. The boys stuck to the books. Actually let David skip his church service for the first time in a while. Since he observed the morning service (learning about running the media), I didn't feel too guilty. ;) Sometimes, it's just nice to relax together.
7. Glad for a new DVD player for our bedroom. Yes, we watch TV and DVDs in bed. Haters to the left and judgers to the right, please. For the grand total of $40.00, we have movies again! Our portable DVD player was serving as our 2ndary DVD player, and it finally bit the dust.
8. Oh, so gladdy for my Friday morning Bible study time with my wonderful friend, V.
9. Even tho I'm a bit saddy about not being here for Christmas, I'm gladdy about Thanksgiving here at home. Trying to think of some fun ideas and new traditions for our family for both holidays. This is such a great time of year to craft, plan, and scheme. Even if nothing comes of the planning. It's just fun to look at pictures and ideas and...and...
10. Glad I am finished with 1 of 3 gym work outs this week. It's a start, anyway. David and i are signed up for an appt with a personal trainer on Wednesday a.m. We'll covet your prayers. She's half price this week. Wonder how we'll do. I count it as joy that her name isn't Nadia.

12 comments:
I enjoyed your list sweetie, love you.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of all, and I would love nothing better than to stay at home and cook up a storm and have all the orphans in to celebrate with us.
Some of my most treasured memories are of Thanksgivings spent in DC as a young singleling - all my friends would get together and we'd bring "THE" dish that symbolized Thanksgiving for us.
I never knew there were that many variations on stuffing.
PS - Your trainer may not be named Nadia now, but trust me, she will be named Nadia later.....
Wow! That home exchange deal sounds so exciting and so terrifying at the same time! What a great experience!
I'm so excited that the holidays are upon us. I can't believe that they are already here...but I'm so excited.
Loved your list!
WOW!! Exchange houses! Wonderfully terrifying, indeed!!
Always enjoy reading these lists and think I"m gonna have to a do a Gladdy post myself today!!
Lurve you!
"Hater to the left and judgers to the right"
Laughing out LOUD! I am totally going to use that somewhere soon!
Your coming to NC for Christmas right?
;)
I sooo loved that Netherlands picture! What a great story behind it.
Another great GladiTuesday, Gretchen...especially the hater/judger comment, rofl.
I'm so loving "Haters to the left, lovers to the right"
We're bed tv watchers too. . . where else do you watch the news?
:)
I so lurve your list. I so lurve these little snippets into your life.
Home exchange. Scary yet cool!
Girl, you crack me up with your "haters to the left, judgers to the right". May have to lift that one sometime.;)
A home exchange- you are so adventurous:-) Forget that you thought it was hard with two kids- you DID it- that is amazing!
Love your list, you always make me smile:-)
Thanks for starting the gladitudes list..I so enjoyed reading yours.
"haters / judgers"..way too funny!
Love being back and reading your lists again. How fun that y'all did the house exchange. What amazing memories you must have (love the picture)!
Thanks for sharing your Gladis - no matter the day we can always find things to be thankful for and your lists remind me of that. Thanks. :o)
Enjoy your week.
I'm also excited about Christmas. Would love to hear more about your home swap.
Post a Comment