
Howdy,
This month's 10 on the 10th topic is the number 10. ;) Thanks, Mer for hosting the reindeer games. Pls feel free to participate and hook up with Mr. Linky on her blog. I realize that previous sentence could've sounded a little tawdry, but I'm leaving it. A little tawdry never hurt anybody.
1. 10=The size I wore in high school when I was "fat" and weighed 125 lbs. Yeah...a little self acceptance, please, teenage girls. And momma girls, for that matter.
2. 10=The amount of minutes I feel I'm always behind. Lucky, it's usually just 1/2 that. But timeliness hasn't been my strongsuit since I went forth and multiplied.
3. 10=Number of weeks until our Christmas production at church. Or is it...gasp...8? Anyhoo, I'm very excited. In the show, I play a ditzy, cute, Betty Boop-ish, blonde from New Jersey. Hilarious lines. But an object lesson in humility. Part of me wants to wear a sign around my neck stating that I have a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's from CU. I feel like Chrissy Snow on 3's Company. The show we previously picked out refused licensure b/c it's being performed in Seattle (and we KNOW how much a church production compares with off Broadway), so this has been a scramble, but God has opened lots of doors. It's a show about a USO group, performing on Christmas Eve in Piedmont, PA in 1944. Can you say "fun costumes?".
4. 10=The number to which I've been counting as I've battled a bit of cabin fever, resentment, and fatigue this week. Lord knows I have so much for which to be thankful. Many more than 10x10, in fact. Still. The energy is low, Maynard.
5. 10=Miles to his school 10=Miles to her school.
6. Psalm 51:10: A daily life verse--see #4. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
7. 10=Books I've been wanting to read: Olive Kitteredge, Same Kind of Different as Me, The Help, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Have a Little Faith: A True Story, Half-Broke Horses: A True Life Novel, The Lacuna: A Novel, Return to Sullivans Island, Driftwood Summer, and Handle with Care.
8. 10=Reasons I can always think of to avoid mopping the floor. For whatever reason, I just do not like to mop!
9. 10=The number of recipes I seem to keep recycling through at dinner time. I try to vary things, but we tend to just fall back into the comfort of our ruts. My goal is to keep changing it up, though--perhaps one new recipe each week, or every other week.
10. 10=The number of unfinished craft projects I have to do. This is the time of year to get cracking, so I'm looking forward to finishing them and starting some more.
13 comments:
Hi Gretchen,
Like your ten.
I have yet to meet anyone who likes mopping the floor! :)
Rosey
Is Mr. Linky hot, I wonder?
I can not WAIT to see pictures of the costumes!!
We have several books in common. Except for the one that I've already read. You know, the one on my list? Yeah, you know.
I hope this is the week of wellness at the Jewels home. I would be happy times ten.
Enjoyed your ten, and I think you are a perfect ten my friend. I love you.
Tawdry? OMG. You are hysterical. And so is Whimzie. That first question in her comment made me laugh.
SO...what do you think of those books so far??? I have The Help on hold at the library. Patiently waiting.
Your play sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear more and see the costumes.
Also thinking it's your turn to share a new recipe with ME!
Hope everyone is feeling better at your house.
Glad you played along, G. I am SO stinkin' behind on your blog. I'll catch up soon. Promise.
LOVE YOUR LIST!!!!!
So good. I can't wait to hear all about your big production. HOW FUN!!!!
What a fun list! I'd love to see the Christmas production. I actually volunteer at the real USO at our airport in NC. It is a great opportunity to give back a little to the troops who serve to protect us!
10= the number of times I thought to myself, "I just love that Gretchen, she's speaking my language" when I was reading this post.
I am right with you on the floor thing. Also the size 10 in high school part. I still need help in the self-acceptance part. I need to go spend more time on that True Campaign site. Your play sounds like a lot of fun.
Like your list.
Add ironing and washing dishes and laundry and ...housework in general to your list and you have me!
The musical sounds fun!
Mop?! Huh, I'll have to Google this mopping of which you speak!
You, my g friend ;), are going to be AWESOME in your play...that's the fun part playing something so different from who you really are!!
Ugh, reading!! I MISS IT!!! GOTTA get to something other than coupon websites and educational stuff for my kids!
Hope you have just a special, renewing week, my dear!
I do not like to mop, either. Just. cannot. abide. it.
And I like your list of books to read. I'm not feeling bookish right now since I'm knittish. I only have one craft project unfinished right now, but I have a list a mile long (with the yarn already bought) of things to start. It's going to be a good winter to get snowed in.
Hey friend, I wanted to pop over for a visit. I feel like I've been so out of touch in blogland..
Your lists are always great!
Thanks for your words that you left for me. I hope my visits will become more frequent now.
xoxoxo
Oh I want to come see you in your Christmas show!!!!
And you make me giggle so.
Post a Comment