A friend of mine is interviewing me for her blog--I'll keep you posted. But one of her questions really got me to thinking, and has me curious.
I won't divulge what I said, until she releases my response on her blog, but I do want to ask, both commenters and lurkers to weigh in on this question: What is my blog about? I found this fairly difficult to answer. So, I ask you, dear reader...what do you see when you arrive and sit for a spell? Also, is there any topic(s) you would like to see addressed? Is there anything about which you tire of reading? Lastly, if you're a regular reader, how often would you like to see new posts? Once a week? More? Less?

9 comments:
Well as for me I love anything you write whatever the subject! The reason being you take everyday real thoughts and feelings and create this incredibly creative perspective with wit and humor sprinkled with wisdom and truth that always make me want to hurry and open each blog. I could read everyday but I think whenever you are inspired is best.
I think your blog shares a lot about your spiritual life. Which IS your life. My favorite posts are when you talk through what God is teaching you in a hard place. It always encourages me.
I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said but You know I cannot say NOTHING... Your authenticity is a beautiful thing and is what is so attractive about your writing. And what's more, your writing is truly a wonderful reflection of who you are in real life. So I read because you share yourself... the good and the could-be-better!
xoxo
Thank you,Cindy. I'm so glad that you look forward to anything I would write.
Thank you, CPQ. I think those are my favorites, too. Even if I write them through tears. And certainly, you've been an encouragement to me. Hugely so.
I'm so glad you can not say NOTHING, friend. Guess the blog really is about, well...me and my spiritual growing pains/victories.
Thanks for the clarity, girls!
I would categorize your blog as "coffee talk." I come here to feel like I'm meeting with a friend at a cafe just to chat about life. That, of course, includes struggles, faith, silliness, BOOKS! ;) That's what I get. I get a brief, but sweet visit with a friend ... even if we've never actually met. I walk away smiling, crying, encouraged or challenged, all depending on the day.
I've thought often about this question for my own blog. It's nice to be focused and to have a clear purpose, but life can be random. Random lends greater authenticity, even if it's outside the stated purpose.
Coffee Talk! I love it, Tanya. Thanks for weighing in. :)
What I lurve the most about you is that you are not afraid to show where you struggle. And you're funny.
Post a Comment