Wednesday, July 13, 2011

15

10:00 am on July 13, 1996
How is it possible, that a decade and a half has flown by? First born.  David...God's beloved.  And ours.  It's hard to fathom that the man-child who towers above me is the same as this child brought forth in blood, sweat, and tears of joy, 15 years ago.  You are more than I could ever hope or pray for in a son. I'm excited to watch and support you on your growing up journey, especially these next few years.  Oh, how I cherish our car time with air guitars playing, conversation, and "music appreciation".  How I laugh at all of your made up words bobble-head nod at all your political, historical, and pop cultural knowledge.  And now...it's you who envelops me in his hug.  ;)  I'm and eternally grateful for all that God has blessed me with in you.  So very proud to be your mom.  Happy 15th Birthday, David.  I love you to the moon and back--to infinity and beyond.  ~Mom
Pumpkin Carving in 1st Grade

Darn tulips!  First grade.
Reading to Jen.

Romulus and Rhemus in 4th grade production of "Dig It".


July 4th at the beach house a few years ago.
Guitar Hero with Dad


"Our beach", together with Jen and the rest of the fam.



Hadrian's Wall - July 2010
Braces off, Dude!  Aug. 2010
Hiking in MT - Avalanche Lake -July 2011
Thanksgiving 2010 ( I know...out of order.  No one's perfect).
 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Becky said...

Luuuurved these photos, Gretchen. A very sweet tribute to your boy on this momentous occasion.

whimzie said...

Aw, happy birthday, David.

And congratulations, Mom & Dad! You guys are doing a great job with that kid.

Amy said...

Sniff, sniff. Where does the time go?

Vickie Dinneen said...

Tissue please....

Gretchen said...

Thanks, guys. I'm sharing all your comments with him today. :)

Shelley said...

Happy birthday David.

Sandy said...

What an awesome birthday tribute to your fine fellow! Can't believe how tall he is!

Cathy said...

Tell him "happy birthday!".

...I'm not belated, I just wanted to make his birthday last longer...ahem.

Looking at baby pictures of my kiddos always makes me weepy...why does time have to fly when you don't want it to and crawl when you want it to fly??