So...I need to focus on grace, gratitude, and a glad attitude.
1. August yields to September, one of my favorite months. The sun is shining, and we will have lovely temps. I got to walk my dog w/my neighbor, sans rain.
2. Big's trips mean Big's salary. Salary to pay for schools which are just right for our family. Salary to keep me home, which is such a gift. One I wish to steward well.
3. I'm 5 pounds lighter than last spring. And am doing some right things. Some of the time.
4. Productivity is important, but so is nonproductive rest. So is allowing my children to be children. Allowing sleep ins and sleep-overs; late nights, and special moments that can't always be had during structured time are all important.
5. Producing a show is always a bit stressful. But I know that God is in control of the production and over all of the parts and pieces which will need to come together by December. May I have faith in Him to provide and may I glorify Him in all that I do, reflecting a close walk with Him, not only for the production but in every way outside the production.
6. Neither my hair, nor my skin speak to who I am on the inside. I'm certain that the more I focus on Him and love on others, the more pretty I'll feel. Listening well, and speaking less will probably also make my ears look better, too. Or at least I'll feel better about how they look. ;)
Still funky. But hopeful and able to move forward. One step in grace at a time.
13 comments:
Boy, I MUST be in a funk. After all, it's THURSDAY. :)
I can relate so well to this post. Thanks for the reminder to see all the good life.
And if it's any consolation to you - I haven't been able to remember what day it was all week long! And I still feel like I'm in July. :-)
*I meant to say "the good in life"
*sigh*
Maybe one day I'll learn to proofread.
You are beautiful! This post just affirms that!
Sorry for the funk.
But I love you. Does that help?
Praying for you.
Love how you turned these around to see the good in them.
I always want to remind people when they are frusterated with husbands work schedules, that I have been on the other side of a husband's work schedule, as in no work, and that is far worse on a marriage and a husband's attitude. So hang in there and continue to find the gratefulness in his schedule.
Ahh, Fall my favorite too!
And I am too not the 30 lbs. lighter I had hoped to be by this time, but will be thankful for the around 7lbs. I am. :)
You are going to do great (and look great, too!)
I love that you are so honest with your feelings & obviously it resonates with most of us as women. So neat that you are taking time to enjoy your children & let them enjoy being children. Those travel times are tough... but just think about what that gave you just recently... a fabulous trip!!!
When we lean on God for those "big projects" we recognize Him working in & through them. I'm sure the program will be awesome.
"Productivity is important, but so is nonproductive rest."
Yes.
Hope the funkiness has lifted in time for a joyous week.
5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at and everything to celebrate.
Yay, you!
I now have Funky Town song running through my mind and I am envisioning a roller skate rink. :)
Your inner beauty always resonates in these bloggy halls.
No kidding--I wrote a post last night called Funky Town. Evidently, I have dual citizenship in this town and that one. Sigh.
I deleted the post but maybe I should write a Gladi post to help me re-focus.
Hang in there...August is almost OVER! Well, it will be in a few weeks. See? Trying to be positive here.
August always feels that way to me, too. Not sure if it's the whole dog days of summer thing, or that I wear myself ragged earlier in the summer and have to rest up/defrag for the remainder or what. Any which way, I feel ya.
Producer? Wow! Will you sign my autograph? (You're going to do a FAB job, I just know it!)
Love that you focus on the positives about Big's trips. Perhaps this is one way the Lord is revealing Himself to Big...showing him how all those prayers you and the kids have been praying over his travels have availed much, and brought him home safely from his numerous travels abroad.
And friend, you look FAB! Don't let magazines or media or mirrors try to tell you anything different...because that whole 1 Peter 3:4...the gentle and quiet spirit thing just shines right out of you, and as the Bible says, it is of great worth in God's sight! Besides all that, you were created in His image, and you, my dear are His masterpiece!
Post a Comment