Tuesday, August 3, 2010

GladiTuesday! Summer Style

Howdy!

Since my dear friend CPQ has given credit, perhaps credit must have its due.  Meaning...she's already posted her glads.  Me?  Well, almost.  Thought I'd do an ode to summer.  Since...let's face it, it's August, and there's nothing really special about August.  But here in the NW, summer has decided to show up just in time for fall. :).

1.  Glad for summertime relaxitude.  Sleeping in.  Meals at odd times.  Enjoying my kids more than coaching them/expecting thus and such from them.
2.  Glad for the teensiest bit of a tan.  I was raised at 5,000 feet from age 9 on, and lived at 6,200 feet for 7 years, so there is a titch of sun damage on my weathered   face.  But let's face it:  who doesn't look at least a little bit more vigorous with a bit of color on her face?!
3.  Glad for certain annoying toys which drive parents crazy.
4.  Glad for this verse, which is now a new (humbling) favorite.
5.  Glad for last Sunday--my first Sunday in church for a month.  Yes, I've been reading a bit o' the Bible, and doing a study, but for me...there's just NO SUBSTITUTE for the fellowship and teaching at church.  Not even a Porsche.
6.  Glad for "Friends" marathons in the UK and Ireland during downtime, and glad for "Frasier" reruns in the US.  So fun to hear Big and History Boy chuckling away in the other room.  Drama likes them, too--she's just still sleeping.  It's only 10:00.
7.  Glad for shower and make up optional days.
8.  Glad for the first (too tart, but they'll be fine in a day or 2) ripened blackberries on our backyard bramble.
9.  Glad that, in a week...only one kid will be in braces.  Holla!
10.  Glad...and sad...and everso grateful...that a year ago this week, I welcomed 4 new friends from their computers into my life, and they welcomed me back.  Miss them.  Miss those who couldn't come, but wanted to.  And so grateful for them all.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I feel that I've come to know you over this past year even though I wasn't blogging las year & have tried not to be jealous of my friends who came out to see you. But I've sure enjoyed "meeting" you via the computer! Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer & hope you post some more pictures of your fabulous vacation.

Carrie B said...

Thank goodness Summer decided to arrive, eh?

And yes, we all look just a tad happier/healthier with a little bit of tan. :)

Carpool Queen said...

I have not tanned very much this summer. Humph. I'm trying to remember that I'll be glad I didn't when I'm 70.

Long term vision, Lord, give me long term vision.

His Girl said...

Glad for the relaxitude, returning to Church, and berries too.

Glad for the whidbeyversary, but would rather be celebrating with you.

As always, superglad for your gladitudes which are a reminder to me to focus on the good.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your lists always make me feel a little more cheerful!

I'm afraid that I have MAJOR sun damage on my face (and body). I love the sun though. It's hard for me to drag myself inside when it's shining. So I usually don't, hence the damage.

I got your message yesterday about the anniversary. I'm doing okay. About as good as I'd expect. Giving myself lots of space and lots of grace.

Enjoy your lazy days, G! Love you.

Unknown said...

How I wish I was on my way again...next summer...lets do it again.

O Mom said...

I think I had just started reading you around the time they came to visit....and I was like...no! way! But now? I so get it! :)