Monday, July 19, 2010

Top 10 Mental Floss Traveling Tips (for the UK)

  1. You might want a wash-n-wear style. Or a hat.  I shall henceforth be known as the American with frizzy, humidified, not flat-ironed, virtually unkempt hair because Big and I don't want to risk trying to see if our connectors will work w/o blowing a fuse in our B&Bs or Aparthotels.  Might not be this gun-shy if that "blowing the power out completely" in Lucerne, Switzerland 15 years ago in our B&B incident hadn't occured. (smooth) .
  2. While blowing dry your hair, it will be impossible to do so in the bathroom.  And I don't know why--each place we've been to has only allowed shavers in the bathroom.  Mmm.
  3. In London, you must walk as if in a hurry, with someplace signficant to be.  And if a cop tells you to evacuate Green Park or St. James' Park, please do so.  With nary a backwards glance for a picture, if you please.
  4. You might be thankful for an ensuite washer/dryer unit which cleans approximately 3 items of your clothing (2 items, if we're talking the man child's and man's clothing) at a time.  In a 2 hour cycle.
  5. You might be craving ice water.  And 2nds on beverages (unless you go to the overpriced Hard Rock Cafe in Edinburgh, where we might've celebrated Big's b'day).
  6. You may need just a day or 1/2 a day to just do nothing whilst your significant other tromps around the British Open.  Well, not nothing really...reading an entire novel isn't NOTHING.
  7. You may wish to lose weight or become shorter, not for fashion reasons; but because size matters.  Ahem. The accommodations are excellent space savers/users; however, you might trip over other family members in the tight quarters.
  8. It's coffee with MILK, not cream.  Got it. 
  9. Just close your eyes when your husband drives in the UK.  He's doing a brilliant job--but I still feel like we're about to die, simply b/c it feels so wrong.
  10. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.  He provides the job, which provided the means to come and to recreate in a gorgeous setting. 
Photobucket

12 comments:

Amber said...

So delightfully jealous.

Drink a cuppa tea for me. Or coffee...with milk. Whatev.

Denise said...

Enjoy your week, love you.

Tiffani said...

I need an entire Wicked post for the deets on the show, my G love.

Incredibly excited that you got to do this with your kids and Hub...what wonderful memories you are making!

Sandy said...

What wonderful memories you are getting to make w/your family! So glad for you!

O Mom said...

Is it just me or I do you sound a tad British? :)

Carpool Queen said...

Thanks for the tips. And if you decide to go over to Spain while you're there, DO NOT EAT TEX-MEX. It's just not cricket.

Marla Taviano said...

Totally filing this away in case I ever get to the UK. You're a hoot.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I think you need to elaborate on a couple of those line items...

I'm curious!

Gretchen said...

So glad you had a chance to make some wonderful memories!
Tally ho!

Unknown said...

Are you home yet?

whimzie said...

That was funny, O Mom!!

I can't WAIT to hear all the fun stories!!!!

Lisa Smith said...

for real?!? Exotic vacays??
Have a blast and lurve some life for me, okay?

Scans were good today!!
mad lurve, lisa xoxo