I've been in a bit of a learning time. Refining. Pruning. Readying for the next season.
If the last lesson here at Jewels was about slowing down, stopping, and re-setting the GPS, this lesson
Can I be frank? Hi frank.
I do not like this lesson. I am a pusher. I like things how I like them. I do not like rolling with the punches, being patient, or dealing with things which are.not.on.the.schedule. My coping mechanisms get maxed out, and I tend to get discouraged. Or angry. Or feel defeated. Anyone hear me? My precious God tells me in not-so-many words that He understands this, and He won't give up on me, but that I could really do myself a big favor by listening and adhering to His
That description (and rhythm) goes something like this: Love Me best, Love others well, Obey me. Repeat.
Love Me best. I do, Father. I do. But, like Peter, I forget too quickly, too often. Forgive the distractions I allow to interfere with giving my best love for You. Praise your holy name!
Love others well. I want to, Father. And loving them well means putting up with things that bug me, extending grace, mercy, and forgiveness. Showing my love for them shows my love for you. I love because first you loved me. Help me, Father. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Transform and renew my mind, Dear Father, so that I may put others first and do so willingly and as a fragrant sacrifice to you.
Obey me. Help me, Father. Help me have the courage to do what's not popular. To take the road less traveled, and to do so within Your time-frame--in Your rhythm of Grace. Help me to turn my attitude around when I'm discouraged, angry, or otherwise feeling broken. Help me to obey your traffic signs. Your pace, eyes to Heaven, knowing that when I'm in Your will for me, I'm moving along at just the right speed.
Dear Reader, do you relate to this at all? Have you found your unhurried rhythm of grace? I'd love to hear from you.
3 comments:
Thank you.
Mary
You're welcome, Mary. xo
Blessings, love, and prayers to you dear.
Post a Comment