Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NIV)
- Though we remain on Eastern Daylight Time in our home (to facilitate conference calls back east), I'm ever so grateful for this week in which my husband is working from home. We both would love it if his job was local; however, at this time, we're giving thanks for ANY job which meets our needs and makes D want to get up and go to work in the morning. So...it's extra-special to have him home. The smiles through the office door (it's glass, folks) and the meals and moments shared are simple, but simply priceless.
- Grateful for the sleep-overs and late mornings for my kids. Do you remember how summer used to be this carte blanc of doing nothing and everything you wanted to do? Staying up too late. Getting up at 11 or whenever. The boy
thundersmakes his way downstairs by mid morning, and nods a greeting to me on the way to his computer. Finally! Summer is here. The girl, having just "graduated" from middle school (does anyone else think of the Clampetts?), continues to ride the high of being the lead class of her school for as long as she can, and enjoying these special days until she's a little duck in a big ocean in high school. - Grateful to see a friend's Ethiopian adoption come to fruition this week. Yes, I could park in the zone of "waah-I-want-my-adoption-to-go-through-too!", and, truthfully, I did this for about 30 minutes. Of course I do want our adoption to go through as soon as possible. But God's timing is perfect. So I rest in that, and give thanks for this wee one being brought to her forever family. For privacy purposes, I won't link to her parents' blog, but trust me--little K is divine! Simply divine. I could not be more thrilled for her new siblings and her mom and dad.
- Grateful for and to a God who loves me and rides out my emotions and weaknesses as I struggle to follow Him for all I'm worth each day. The fact that He substituted His son for me, to make me holy to Himself is mind-blowing, every time I think of it. After all, for whom would you sacrifice your child?
Simple pleasures? Gratitude? What do you give thanks for today?

2 comments:
I have no idea why the last part of my post is highlighted. Skilz.
I am grateful for UCLA and for my son's progress and for having a lovely home and a new church home.
Post a Comment