Tuesday, June 26, 2012

If You Can't Say Something Nice...Say It Nicely

With a title like that, it's gotta be juicy, no? 

No.

Really, I'm just sick, sick, sick of the rain and of the mild-moderate perma-headache I've had for about 3 days.  Feeling so drained, despite going to the gym and eating a bit better.  And...feeling unproductive.  And when you give a mouse a cookie when I'm not feeling productive, I tend to not BE productive.  Blah, blah, blah.  Slump-dee-dee-dump.

So...this is a wee exercise for me to help reframe my thoughts and find my mojo.  Gratitude + Goal Setting = Gretchen off her hiney and out of her head = Good.

Thankful:
  1. Thankful for a warm house to stay out of the rain.  Praying that this rain would move to CO and other western states who have such a need to douse out of control fires.
  2. Grateful that we don't HAVE to be anywhere today, and that I'm home with the kids  Guilt-free quiet morning with the kids snuggled in their beds and me snuggled next to my beloved farting dogs and cuppa coffee.
  3. Grateful for our health.  Pesky headache aside, we are all pretty healthy.  As I'm learning more and more each day, one's health is wealth, indeed.
  4. Grateful for time to read books.  Just read a great novel, called The English American, by Alison Rankin.  Easy, peasy read and so engaging/good!  Could not put it down.
  5. Grateful for the open space on today's calendar to work on some not-so-fun, but oh-so-necessary tasks. (e.g. taming Quilt-n-Scrap Land)  Also grateful for the time to post, which really seems to be like journaling for me, and helps focus my thoughts.
Goals:
  1. I will spend an hour doing basic cleaning (home blessing, as Flylady would call it), to give myself a blank canvas for organizing tasks and to show gratitude for the home I've been given.
  2. I will spend at least 3 increments of 15 minutes organizing Q and S Land. 
  3. I will make us something nutritious to eat for lunch and for dinner. 
  4. I will log my food intake and do some form of exercise for 15 minutes, at least, to both show gratitude for the body and health i've been given and to keep myself healthy/lift my mood.
  5. I will be present and listening for my kids when they need me.
I don't know about you, but I feel better. Any gratitude/goals which you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
   Psalm 51:10 (NIV)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having a low day and knew that I would feel a little better after stopping by. :)