Upon further reflection, I decided to let them sleep. But the husband is sleeping, and so is the boy, so really, the computer room is the only available room.
What to do, what to do?
Well...I do love to write. I also love Jesus. Love Christmas. And, since I happened on this idea from World Vision, I thought I would participate. You're invited to join in, as well.
We're invited to write about something which reflects the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of Christ, His life among us, and His death on the cross to redeem us--they're all miracles. When it comes down to it, Christmas, more than any time of year, reminds me of miracles. Miracles come in all shapes and sizes, from the coming of Christ child to food and education given to a starving child.
God used World Vision in our family's life to work miracles.
We are a house "divided" in our family. My daughter and I love Jesus, and my husband and son, though amazing and incredible, do not. Yet, our ever faithful God has done one amazing work after another in our family. Knowing my heart for Jesus, my husband made my Christmas extra-special by gifting my son, daughter, and me with the sponsorship of 3 children, through World Vision. Last year, after we had opened our under-the-tree presents, he handed us each our sponsorship gifts, and told us that we needed to go to the World Vision website and pick out our sponsored children. We now have pictures of F, B, and M on our refrigerator, and their faces in our hearts. My husband asks about our sponsored children, loves to hear from them in their letters, and encourages us to send packages.
We are now in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia. As recently as last Christmas, my husband and I wouldn't have had this "crazy" idea in our hearts, minds, or anywhere else! We are a busy family of four, both kids now teens.
I believe the sponsorship of our World Vision children has played a major role in softening all of our hearts towards "the least of these". A miracle, indeed.
As we await news of a match with our miracle from Ethiopia, (
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40 (NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment