As a believer in Jesus, I realize that EVERY day should be World Gratitude Day, or WGD, for short. But in my life, too often, WGD stands for World Gripe Day. Here are a few examples, in case you're not a griper. Insert whiny voice, here.
- It's cloudy!/sunny/rainy/snowy/hot/cold
- Facebook changed its template!
- I have a cold/cramps/splinter/scabies/shingles/ear wax/pimples
- I don't wanna get up/go to work/go to school/make a meal/move from supine to sit
- I'm too busy/fat/skinny/tired/overloaded/underappreciated
- If I could only have/do/be...
- Glad Air Canada has not gone on strike, so hopefully, we'll see hubby/daddy on time this weekend.
- Glad for the cool fall mornings and the pretty leaves.
- Glad for warm, soothing, amazing, incredible hot coffee with just a splash of cream.
- Glad for my husband's job, which often takes him far and wide, but supports our ability to keep our children in their schools and of course, more importantly, provides our food and shelter.
- Glad that i have two children for which to get up and go. Even when I don't want to pack another lunch. :)
- Glad that I have so many choices and freedoms, from the faith I love to the food I eat and everything in between.
5 comments:
Glad for you!
Thank you for this change of perspective! I am now changing my fb status...;)
Glad to have a world with you in it.
Hugs!
I am grateful for so much in my life, too. I started a new Bible Study that is so awesome. No wonder I'm feeling so much more joy. :)
I enjoy reading your blog and wondered if you would mind if I posted it on my website as a resource for Christian parents. My website is www.lafministry.com.
Thank you.
Deb Allen
Post a Comment