Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gladituesday!

So it's been about eleventy thousand Tuesdays since I posted a Gladituesday on Ye Olde Blogg.  If there's anything I'm working on besides obedience, humility, giving grace, it's having a grateful heart. I try so hard to remember to be thankful.  And the truth is, I should be trying hard to remember this.  For me, gratitude lifts me out of thinking of what I don't have, and focuses me on how amazing my life is.  So...sans further ado:

1.  Not happy about the impending hurricane (Irene), but very glad for the advanced warning my friends and their loved ones will have to prepare.  I pray that she will fizzle to a drizzle.
2.  Glad for a focused mind this morning.  Got eye appts scheduled, and am beginning to see my schedule for the new school year take shape.
3.  Glad that my daughter has come home from youth camp absolutely on fire for God.  She's got an accountability partner, and is discipling others in her life.  Yes, a child will lead them...
4.  Glad that my son has started going to several gaming groups with folks in his own age bracket. For his 15th b'day, we went out w/a bunch of 40-50 year olds.  Make no mistake, I'm GLAD for them.  I think his gaming with them has given him confidence to try to game w/his peers from school, and even (gasp!) be brave enough to play a "pick up" game at the local gaming store--where it smells of sweat deep, strategic thoughts.
5.  Glad that it's almost quilt and knit and crochet season (and uberglad that the last 2 can be done whilst watching the Titans, Seahawks, Broncos, Buffs, and Huskies play. (busy fall)
6.  Glad for a sunny walk with my neighbor and our two pups.  The aged Dachshund deferred his walk.
7.  Glad for a lurvely discussion of the first few chapters of the book Heaven, by Randy Alcorn, with some amazing, God-is-so-big-in-them women.  I just glean, glean, glean when I'm with them.  And...oh, the FUN we have. The book reads like a text, but like an INTERESTING text.  Really helps me to picture what I'm to be living for.
8.  Glad for talk time with my daughter AND my son.  They are such incredible individuals.  I know the teens are a trying time, but they also give a peek into my kids as future adults.  I couldn't be more proud.
9.  Looking forward to lunch with my honey.  Better shower...STAT!
10.  Glad for the secret of our happy 21 year old marriage:  Yesterday, when I was kicking my feet and might not have had my best tone of voice, my husband turned to me, smiled, and said:  "I just love how you do 'indignant'. "  What could I say???? :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Cindy said...

And I am glad to call you friend!

Gretchen said...

Right back atcha, Miss Cindy. xxxooo

Anonymous said...

I know J makes your heart happy. Praying she'll continue to grow by leaps and bounds.

So glad D has some new friends. I know that does your heart good, too.

Miss you.

Becky said...

Your Gladitudes always make me smile. They're kind of contagious, actually. Makin' me get all grateful for my own stuff going on in life. =)

Mich said...

What a great list to be happy about.

Love to hear about your daughter. Any time I hear of a youngster on fire for Jesus...WOW!

Have a beautiful holiday weekend with your family.

It has been a while hasn't it?