Wednesday, May 12, 2010

GladiWednesday!


1.  Glad for the one year anniversary of using my gladdy buttons.  Thank you, HisGirl for the tech-lurve.  They make me happy.
2.  Glad for forgiveness.  For His forgiveness of my sins, past and present because of the blood of Jesus.  Oh, how I need you, Lord!
3.  Glad for the "all read" button on Google Reader.  I always tell myself that blogging is a hobby, and that I can't feel guilty for not "keeping up".  And that is true.  However, blogging has led me to some beautiful friendships, and I miss y'all.  And I do guilt so well!  But I'm reforming.  I'll be around as I can to say hi, but there's no way I can truly catch up.  So I'm starting fresh.  Nothing personal.  I just needed a break from my own voice and the voice of others.  I am chatty and very relational by nature, but I also find that I need quiet nearly as much as chat--perhaps more. 
4.  So glad that I have hairapy t.o.m.o.r.r.o.w.!  Some of you may know that I looked like this over the weekend:

I had a run-in with my daughter's forehead which resulted in a small fracture (no displacement, YAY!) of my nose.  The saddest part of the whole thing is that I was too busy icing-ibuprofening-icing-watching Steel Magnolias-feeling lousy-icing that had to cancel my Saturday hairapy appt.  Lordy...it's been 3 months, and I'm starting to think they're gonna call me stripey around here.  Tomorrow, tomorrow, I LOVE YA, tomorrow.
5.  Gladdy for track meets and the character of a girl who knows that she's not the fastest runner...in fact she comes in last a lot.  But guess what?  She has fun and gives it her best.  I wouldn't have been brave enough to try track as a girl.  I'm so proud of her.
6.  Glad for a full DVR. :-)  And SO glad for the return of Friday Night Lights.  Can I have a witness?  I know that Mer and Whimz are on board.  Anyone else?  Coach Taylor is seriously competing with Phil Mickelson for second husband status.  Jon Hamm might be falling to third...might be.
7.  Gladdy mcgladicuddy for this girl and her b'day.  Though she'll always be younger than me, I will forgive her.  Love you, Amber!
8.  Significantly gladacious for my choir peeps.  Last night was our last rehearsal of the season, and Sunday will be the last time we're up on stage together.  I cannot put into words how precious the folks in this group are to me.  They love me.  They love and accept my husband, right where he is.  They welcome my entire family with open arms.  They have become family. 
9.  Amazingly, gratefully glad that 3 weeks from today, I can say I've been married to the best man evah for 20 years. 
10.  Glad for a lovely, non-combative, non-hormonal, sweet, deep conversation with my almost 12 year old daughter this morning.  Precious, indeed.

P.S. and BTW...Trying to be glad about the outcome of the Amazing Race, but good gravy, I really wanted the cowboys to win.  However, it was very fun to hear Big talk about all the places in Shanghai when they were racing there.  Still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he commutes to China.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Gretchen said...

SO gladilicious that you are back. I've missed your blogginess. Sorry for the nose encounter. Wow. That had to hurt!

Mich said...

Hey girl!

So glad you took the "rest" you needed. We all have those moments. I did miss your "gladi" posts though.

Of course # 7 is a big one for me too, even the age thing. She gets older, means Big sister is getting older too.

As for the Amazing Race... I'm with you. Loved the cowboys!

Happy Wednesday!

Denise said...

I have missed you, enjoyed this post.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That Marsha Brady picture cracked me up. I'm SO sorry to hear about your "accident".

We were all so sad the cowboys didn't win. I was really cracking up at that cat fight at the end. So glad THAT team didn't win. They're not bitter or anything though are they?

Yay for hairapy. I have an appt in ten days and I am in desperate need of some color!

whimzie said...

I just love that you celebrate the anniversaries of your buttons. You are such a sweet and grateful friend.

I was disappointed for my cowboys, oh my gravy. And thank you B&C for giving me an object lesson to use to discuss poor sportsmanship.

Let's call Tammi Taylor and ask her if she wants to go to lunch with us. Want to?

Marla Taviano said...

I can't catch up either! Thanks for the no-guilt cheer!

His Girl said...

1. you are most certainly welcome, but how on earth has it been a year already? crazy.
2. yay for forgiveness. If I can learn to give it as I get it, what a better life I'd lead.
3. 'mark all as read' hollah! (though I think I'm with you with the quiet with the chat- though I didn't start really realizing this until the last 8 or so years!)
4. HAIRAPY! WOOT! fractured nose! BOO!
5. YOu know how I love that you love your kids
...skipping down...
10. glad you noticed the opportunity for that unicorn moment!

ps: I'm with Whimz. OH MY GRAVY! I had a favorite this time too, and am so sad to see the end! *sniff* yay for good sportsmanship!

pss: lurve ya. for realz.

Becky said...

I didn't think your gladitude posts could get any better...until I saw the Marsha Brady photo, lol. You knocked that one out of the park!

Loved your list, as usual. Glad you're on the mend.

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

I love you whether you comment or not. I will meet you in real life and you will love me, too, and life will be grand so there.

Carpool Queen said...

Glad I read this earlier and received grace on hitting "all read". It was a bear of week and it was all I could do to get through it without any "extrys" (as my granddaddy used to say).

Love ya!

Cathy said...

I've been such a bad blog friend lately. It feels very cleansing to say "I'm behind. And I probably won't read peep's past posts."

BTW...Billy looked over my shoulder while I was reading this, looked at the Marsha picture and said, "Who's THAT?!". Why it's Marsha Brady, of course. Duh. Her and Gretchen are tight.